Mosky AMP 11 ?

What's Hot
ellangusellangus Frets: 250
I see Mosky have now produced an Amp 11 clone called the Amp Turbo.

Even laid out the same.

Anybody tried one?

If it's as good as the Mosky XP booster - I'm having one!
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    The pedal world truly is eating itself..... cheap Chinese knockoffs. A clone of a clone of a really great pedal. The Timmy’s designer deserves the cash here.... 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul Cochrane? (whatever the guy that makes the Tim/Timmy is called) has even said the amp 11 is not a Timmy clone. 
    Its come up several times on TGP.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Paul Cochrane? (whatever the guy that makes the Tim/Timmy is called) has even said the amp 11 is not a Timmy clone. 
    The amp 11 is a combo pedal. A boost and a drive side which is when examined near on identical to the Timmy..... honestly! 

https://goo.gl/images/Vecc53

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    Timmy is such an ace pedal as well...funny how most of the great tones have been around for ages....been interesting watching pedals come and go over the last few years...knowing there are some right classics being overlooked constantly..no need for uber cheap. slave labour esque copies when there are excellent used pedals kicking around 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Paul Cochrane? (whatever the guy that makes the Tim/Timmy is called) has even said the amp 11 is not a Timmy clone. 
    Have you seen these posts?  Paul posted pretty openly on Madbean about it.  The Amp 11 is a pretty lightly modded Timmy and an electra distortion (boost) in one box.  
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    ThorpyFX said:
    The pedal world truly is eating itself..... cheap Chinese knockoffs. A clone of a clone of a really great pedal. The Timmy’s designer deserves the cash here.... 
    I have to agree with what you're saying.
    In my defence, I have a tendency to use the knock offs as a "try before you buy" type of thing.
    I've done that a few times (I bought a Joyo Ultimate Drive before buying an OCD then decided to invest the real thing because I liked it what I heard). 
    Heard a lot of good things about the Amp 11 so this would be my way of seeing if I like the flavour before splashing out £100+
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • Agreed I've just picked up an amp "turbo" I'll report back if and when it arrives
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Agreed I've just picked up an amp "turbo" I'll report back if and when it arrives
    Any chance of some gut shots to see how closely they cloned it? 
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    I own a Timmy and Amp 11, and although there are similarities, the Amp 11 has a mid-boost thing going on that the Timmy doesn't.

I'd say the Timmy is the original transparent overdrive, and the Amp 11 is like a modded version with a slight mid-boost.
  • Adam_MD said:
    Agreed I've just picked up an amp "turbo" I'll report back if and when it arrives
    Any chance of some gut shots to see how closely they cloned it? 
    Sure