Dallas Rangemaster Guitar Restoration. Help Needed!!!

What's Hot
Just joined the forum to ask for info and help in restoring a rare Dallas Rangemaster guitar in a bit of a state. Any information (pics, technical specs or even better parts) would be very welcome. All I have is the body/neck covered in a nasty glue/glitter combination and the wee "Rangemaster" plate pictured. Especially interested in the vibrato and pickups for this model. You never know, someone may have them...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Hmmm... Afraid those links to photos aren't working. Need to do my homework for how to post pics on here. Apologies.

• ColsCols Frets: 6953
    Isn’t a Dallas Rangemaster a treble booster, not a guitar?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Cols said:
    Isn’t a Dallas Rangemaster a treble booster, not a guitar?
    This is what confused me too ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Dallas used the "Rangemaster" name on various items including the famous treble booster but it was also the name of their less well-known vibrato unit and very rare solid electric guitar (the one I'm hoping to restore). Wish I could get these pics to work...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Used on a range of amplifiers too.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Yup, Dallas (later Dallas Arbiter) made, or at least sold Dallas and Shaftesbury guitars and amps as well as other amps marketed as Rangemaster and Arbiter and later Sound City. I didn't know they had a guitar model called the Dallas Rangemaster though - that is somewhat confusing.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 376
    Is that comment supposed to help?

@Vibroscope There's a guide to posting pics here:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54241/posting-pics-vids-soundclips-how-to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I belong to several guitar forums and this is the only one that I don’t upload pictures to, it’s just too much hassle. Is it just me or do other people think so to? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Even with the guide I'm failing to get these to work. Is it an unnecessarily difficult process or is it just me...?
  • The Rangemaster guitar in question is the same as the one in my profile pic (except a bit of a wreck). Managed to get that photo to work anyway... Why can't all pics be this easy to post?
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Upload the photo somewhere online (postimages is a good one) and copy the .jpeg url and then click the little icon with the folded down corner, do ctrl v and hit enter. It’s pretty simple. 
  • ColsCols Frets: 6953
    @Henrytwang - there’s a good reason for the site not hosting pictures, audioclips or video.  It takes a great deal more server space to store this kind of data, and that comes with additional cost.  

The forum exists purely due to the enormous generosity of the founders and admin (along with any others who kindly donate) and remains blessedly free of adverts and pop ups.  Using a workaround to embed multimedia rather than hosting it directly helps to keep the costs manageable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited October 2018
    The Rangemaster guitar in question is the same as the one in my profile pic (except a bit of a wreck). Managed to get that photo to work anyway... Why can't all pics be this easy to post?
    As rico suggest you need to upload your pics to a photo hosting site such as www.imgur.com. The site hosting your pics will then provide a jpg url/link for each pic for you to copy and paste into your posts. There is no facility on this forum to host your pics (other than your avatar) and you can't direct link from your pc/laptop etc.

edit - when you do paste a link to a photo into your post, it won't automatically appear once you've pressed the post bottun. You will just see the link and need to refresh the page to see if the pic appears
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I belong to several guitar forums and this is the only one that I don’t upload pictures to, it’s just too much hassle. Is it just me or do other people think so to? 
    I think it might just be you or a small minority, not really any hassle or any more difficult to upoad pics to an outside host and link. A few forums I've used that do host pics (Strat-talk) have a limits of size and quality that make a lot of pics look crappy and low-res, so I usually use an outside host regardless.
  • Octafish said:
    I belong to several guitar forums and this is the only one that I don’t upload pictures to, it’s just too much hassle. Is it just me or do other people think so to? 
    I think it might just be you or a small minority, not really any hassle or any more difficult to upoad pics to an outside host and link. A few forums I've used that do host pics (Strat-talk) have a limits of size and quality that make a lot of pics look crappy and low-res, so I usually use an outside host regardless.
    You might well be right but this is the only guitar related site that I find difficult to upload pictures to and I am a member of quite a few. I own over 80 guitars and would love to share but it’s too much hassle. On other sites I can just upload pictures directly from my Microsoft pictures file without messing about with picture hosting sites. It’s just not for me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Octafish said:
    You might well be right but this is the only guitar related site that I find difficult to upload pictures to and I am a member of quite a few. I own over 80 guitars and would love to share but it’s too much hassle. On other sites I can just upload pictures directly from my Microsoft pictures file without messing about with picture hosting sites. It’s just not for me.
    Mate, it's not difficult.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom