Stone Mountain Sinners

What's Hot

Comments

• john_rjohn_r Frets: 123
    Absolutely loving the album, but then its my sort of thing! Great singing, some really nice guitar tones and the you have the tunes too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    john_r said:
    Absolutely loving the album, but then its my sort of thing! Great singing, some really nice guitar tones and the you have the tunes too!
    Thanks John, really appreciate that!! :)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Really like that, my sort of thing also.  Particularly like the young lady's voice.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    edited October 2018
    Great sounding album preview. Excellent playing and vocals and lots of presence in the mix. Nice one

Have you actually got Doug and Pat in your band?? Cool.
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    Really like that, my sort of thing also.  Particularly like the young lady's voice.
    Jimbro66 said:
    Great sounding album preview. Excellent playing and vocals and lots of presence in the mix. Nice one

Have you actually got Doug and Pat in your band?? Cool.
    Thanks chaps really appreciate that!

And i'd never noticed the Doug and Pat resemblance but you're right, it's uncanny! :D
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Good stuff Neil, I like it a lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I wondered why my signed CD never turned up but apparently it’s been sat on the shelf in the lounge for a few days... :blush: 

Anyway, got a round trip to Cardiff tomorrow so I needed something for the journey. Excellent. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Good stuff Neil, I like it a lot. 
    Thanks Moe!

And I hope you enjoy Eric! :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    miserneil said:
    So, we released the album on Monday and went straight into the iTunes UK Country Chart at Number 5!!

Im not sure how we capitalise on this to be honest so if anyone has any advice, please feel free to post/PM me! This has taken us by surprise somewhat, What would you do next?!
    Congratulations! I know nothing about the music biz but how about contacting every Country music DJ in the UK and arranging live interviews and maybe a few live perfs to air. DJs are always keen on the next big thing, and that's you.  :)
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    Great stuff Neil congrats to you and the band.

Again I know nothing about the music business but a bit about business. 

So as said hit the country DJ and local, national and international you have the taster video, get a marketing pack emailed out around the world there is a global market for Roots and country music. 

I would may be get a memorable lead headline in on the video. So it tells people what it’s about and is the first thing a newcomer see’s.
    i would then do some targeted and paid Facebook work based around your demographic. A lot of people sigh a lot about paid FB but I get good results and can see a direct link to sales and product awareness.
    you don’t have to spend a fortune be smart and targeted. 

Again on the social front get gig pictures pictures and short clips from friends, family and fans hitting Instagram.

make sure your web server will take the additional traffic and people.

the list is endless but on the basis you were number 5 with a bullet should get you booked into a few places and events.

i am sure far more experienced music promotions people will dive on on with some better stuff the list of things these days is endless. 

Again well done
    Had a chance to give the Album a fuller listen in the car very solid and all round great playing and singing.

might you share some notes on what you played and recorded with guitars amps etc some real nice tones
    tFB Trader
    Had a chance to give the Album a fuller listen in the car very solid and all round great playing and singing.

might you share some notes on what you played and recorded with guitars amps etc some real nice tones
    Thanks @Jez6345789, really appreciate that!

Essentially the main electric guitar tones are my '65 Tele into a BadCat Black Cat wound up nice and loud! There is one solo (the outro to Tones of Home) that is the Tele though a Lazy J20 and a tubescreamer kicked in half way though. Acoustic wise its a Guild jumbo and a Gibson J45.
    (formerly miserneil)
    Thanks Neil then I just bought guitar magazine and see you are in the current issue as well busy times.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Anyone near Birmingham fancy a night out on Friday, we are playing the O2 Academy, opening for The Men They Couldn't Hang. There are a handful of tickets left :) 

(formerly miserneil)
    tFB Trader
    We just put out our first music video.... :) 

(formerly miserneil)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    It's the kind of light Southern Rock Americana that I really like and sounds very authentic
    The thing with this kind of relatively simple melody stuff is that you have to capture that very Nashville polished type sound and production to make it  truly outstanding .....it's amazing what a bit of Fiddle etc can do
    Great tho' ....really enjoyed
    tFB Trader
    So, I thought i'd better update this thread, it's been all change since we released the album in October. January this year our female singer, bass player and keyboard player all departed due to work commitments/availability so we have a brand new Female Singer who is also a Mandolin/Acoustic player a great Keys player and Nick (former Acoustic/Mandolin) moves back to Bass.

This was filmed last weekend at the Upton Blues Festival:

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    singer reminds me of Maria Mckee, great band dude
    tFB Trader
    mgaw said:
    singer reminds me of Maria Mckee, great band dude
    Thanks @mgaw! You’re not the first person to make that comparison actually but I must confess to only knowing ‘Show Me Heaven’...I’ll have to do some digging :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    edited July 2019
    ways to be wicked is a good start.....in their brief pomp I thought they were a great band Lone Justice, saw them at Wembley supporting U2 in 1856