macOS Mojave - Light/Dark mode switcher

Finally got round to upgrading last night, learnt how to make an Application in Automator to enable you to switch between Light / Dark mode, then made some nicer icons for it. 

Quick guide here if anyone is interested - I'll likely re-do the MBP icon as it looked a little fuzzy on my iMac screen, but I'm sure it'll be fine on a smaller one.

http://www.witchalls.com/2018/10/how-to-create-a-light-dark-mode-shortcut-for-macos-mojave-with-a-nice-icon/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    neat!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    It is certainly a neat function, I have set up a quick action run from my Touch Bar to do the same thing, mostly to save dock real estate, but also I'm not sure just how often I would actually use it.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7083
    Dark mode looks like the '80s. Not exactly easy on the eye for long periods of time either.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    I will not get to see OS Mojave until I upgrade to a newer Mac.  :#
    Be seeing you.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    Just in case anyone did use this, I've fixed the fuzzy icons now, looks a lot sharper. 

If you used it, grab the new imagine, update via Get Info as before. You will likely then have to remove from the dock and re-add to see the 'retina' version :) 
  • I quite like dark mode, but the sand dune picture has taken over my desktop background.  Previously i had one my own selection from around 100 pics coming up a i logged in.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I quite like dark mode, but the sand dune picture has taken over my desktop background.  Previously i had one my own selection from around 100 pics coming up a i logged in.
    System Prefs/ Desktop & Screensaver will fix that.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    edited October 2018
    JezWynd said:
    I quite like dark mode, but the sand dune picture has taken over my desktop background.  Previously i had one my own selection from around 100 pics coming up a i logged in.
    System Prefs/ Desktop & Screensaver will fix that.
    Yer that was the first thing I tried.  Option currently grayed out.  I suspect a upgrade issue which Im hoping be sorted at the next patch.

EDIT:   Had a quick poke around the Apple forums and its a known issue with an easy fix.  Just have to go deep into the folder with the pics in to trigger the OS to recognise that folder as an option for desktop images .  Pretty sure that wasn't needed previously.