Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Sorry, it should say Good Morning!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sparkspark Frets: 22
    edited September 2018

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I use the same user in all forums, it comes from "sparkling water"

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I live in Dublin but I'm Spanish (you can notice with my strong accent and crappy english)

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To enjoy

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear? Fender Precision Bass MIA (a present from my wife)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track ? Descendents - Thank you

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I'va used the name on several forums over the years. Means quack - I have a medical education, so it's an old inside joke

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Denmark

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To just enjoy myself. At 42, I have no other ambition, music wise, than that...

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My Ibanez AT10

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Just one? I'll have to go with John Lee Hooker - Chill Out (Things Gonna Change)

• OK, here goes.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

From a text-based MMORPG, which I used to play as a teenager.

Poland. Europe. Northern hemisphere.

Being able to evoke emotions in people with my playing and singing. Preferrably some pleasant ones.

My CSL gypsy jazz guitar.

That is tough. Ventilator Blues by The Rolling Stones, because it brings back the memories of my guitar beginnings.

• Q1:  It's been my online name for over two decades now. My memory isn't that good.

Q2:  South Wales, UK

Q3:  Never stop learning.

Q4:  My Vigier Indus Excess bass, original with the black hardware not the new model.

Q5:  I honestly have no actual favourite song or artist. I have a current earworm though as I'm idly learning the bassline for Don't Speak by No Doubt, and it's actually far groovier than I'd noticed.

• Hello everyone,

I have read many discussions on these boards over a long while but didn't sign up myself - no idea why not really! So a bit about me...

Q1:  Where did you username come from? quite simply this is my name! Boring I know.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I'm from Co Down in Ireland but live in England in Faversham, Kent currently.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I'd like to play my guitar(s) more often and get better at it. I do write some songs and play in a trio with a few mates (don't be thinking Rush! more like the 3 stooges or something!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I guess my pride and joy has to be the Gibson 1995 Les Paul Standard in my bunch of guitars. I have an SG too and other guitars by Tokai, Squier, Yamaha etc.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Practically impossible to choose. I love music and have so many favourites. My favourite song as a teenager was Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC.

I'm married and I have 2 boys (in their teens) and 2 step daughters (also in teens) and have seen a lot of life - especially growing up in Northern Ireland. I love music, travel, cycling, the outdoors and lots of other things. Enjoy life basically, because it's the only one we get and it doesn't last long...

- Jason

• Hello everyone,

So a little bit about myself...

I'm Jim, 47 years old and live just outside Leicester. Married, no kids, love my music and finally getting round to trying to learn to play guitar seriously have previously manged to learn lots of bits from various songs but never manage to put it altogether properly and hoping that being on here may serve as some inspiration.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? the song that first made me realise how a song could 'change colour' half way through and my initial inspiration to pick up a guitar.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Originally from Hinckley, Leicestershire, moved around the country a few times and now find myself back in rural Leicestershire.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I'd like to get to the stage where I can get a half decent setlist of varied songs so that I could busk them confidently / record an album of said setlist (covers obviously)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Just bought a Takamine G-Series so this is my current favourite as it's new.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? See question 2, but far too many to mention and my answer would most likely be different every time you asked me.

Jim

• Hi... My name is Victor and I own Fret Friend [ facebook.com/ngoneseven ], a guitar repair / setup shop in Nottingham. I am an above-average player with over 30 years experience. I had 3 albums out in the 80's with my band 'Concrete Sox' (original guitarist / founding member / tune writer). I now only really play in church. I am always modding / upgrading my own guitars (or pedals) when I am not working. I'm a young-at-heart 53 year old...

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My guitar repair workshop is called 'Fret Friend' and my name is Victor...

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Nottingham, England...

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To make your guitar the best guitar you have ever played...

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Helix Floor...

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? I don't have a favourite single track but I do have a favourite genre: Worship! As a Born Again Christian, Worship music is massive in my life (I am in our church's worship team/band). If I had to pick a favourite track ever, it would be 'Forever' by Kari Jobe (Bethel TV)...

-------------------------------------------
    https://facebook.com/ngoneseven
    -------------------------------------------
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • Breaker86Breaker86 Frets: 13
    edited October 2018

Hi all, I'm Sam I'm a hobby musician as unfortunately I can't make enough money to pay all my bills from it as I'm sure many will know the struggle!    I've been playing guitar for the past 14 years now and piano on and off for 5.    I'm on gigging hiatus until I can get a new band up and running and I have a big passion for math rock and prog.     

I'm currently working towards revamping my YouTube and investing  some time and money in good cameras and equipment and finding a musical home online.    I feel like this is turning into an online dating profile so will draw this to a close here.  

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  While watching Archer, in the context of the episode it seemed pretty funny. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  Englandshire.  West Sussex specifically. 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Aiming towards making a semi professional career out of it after not taking it so seriously over the past 4 years and having a long break. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear?  Ohhh that is a tough one.  Right now I'd say my Cort/Manson TC Classic.  For such a well priced guitar I did not expect it to be at such a high level of quality! 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track ?  I don't think I can answer that with just one song but off the top of my head I love the reimagining of All Along The Watchtower by Bear McCreary.  The percussion sounds in that are astounding as well as the overall musical arrangement!  

• Hi all, another new one checking in.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I was referred to this while out municycling and so I became UnicycleMan.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Coventry 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to play a good range of hymns and songs

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My MarkBass JB Players amp

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Light the Fire Again

Looking for a Taylor 322e Blackwood if anyone is thinking of selling :)

Have a nice day

• EssbieEssbie Frets: 10
    Hello there everyone,

I've been mooching about on the forum since about February, and have only just got round to introducing myself, so sorry about that. Many thanks to the more savvy forum users who have been good enough to talk to me - @jdgm in particular, who sold me a really good amp.

So:
    1. My username is one of my nicknames.
    2. I live in south west London.
    3. I've got various musical ambitions, the main one being to have fun. Also, I've been writing songs (well, chord progressions and riffs I think sound good strung together in a vague order) for years, and I'm in the process of slowly working out with some old mates how to actually make them happen live.
    4. My favourite bit of kit is my 59 Avri strat.
    5. Question 5 is just too tough. I think, though, that Comin Home by Delaney & Bonnie & Friends could be apt for this post (maybe). Either that or Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. :)
  • NerdNerd Frets: 1

A: Mix of OCD and passion to guitars and electronics. I also dig Star Wars.

A: Reading, UK

A: To have a time to play at least one day a week for as long as I want.

A: Gotta be my 83' TS-9, a gift from a friend of mine so Im emotionally attached to this thing. Its not longer a part of my main or even secondary pedalboard, though.

A: Alice in Chains - Nutshell

• Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    Hi everyone.

This is my second attempt at trying to learn to play guitar.  A long time ago I tried with some sort of Squire but no progress was made and after years of sitting in it's case I eventually sold it having learned nothing.  Fast forward many years and at the age of 50 I thought that if I didn't give it another go I never would.  I let the idea settle for a few months and it wouldn't go away so I bought in with a cheap Epiphone just in case history was going to repeat itself.  This time around progress is slow (been about 9 months since I bought it) but there is progress being made.  So I guess I'm here to ask all the dumb noob questions and represent the older part of the learning guitar community.

It's my name partly coded because I've been in IT for 30 years so numbers make more sense to me than English at times! 

South Coast near Bournemouth.

Years ago it was to play covers of my favourite bands stuff.  Think AC/DC and that sort of era of Metal up to early Metallica.  Now I've started actually playing I'd love to be good enough to just sit in my living room loop some blues chord progressions and just noodle blues solo licks over them.  Not sure I'll ever have the ability or time to be good enough to warrant getting 4 other people to jam AC/DC covers with!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear?

Well I'm just starting out but I have to say it would be my Epi SG Special VE.  For the price it plays OK (well it does when my tutor played it once), keeps in tune fantastically well and most importantly gives me the enthusiasm to pick it up whenever I get the chance.  I'll progress eventually to better guitars but without the love for the little Epi this journey wouldn't have started.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track ?

Changes all the time and there are numerous candidates but if you put a gun to my head and I really had to pick just one, Metallica; Sandman.

• Hi all!

My turn now.

Q1:  Where did your username come from?
    It's my surname :)

From Brazil but live in Woking, UK

Enjoy and have fun playing the guitar!

My Gibson Les Paul Traditional. I just love it!

Metallica - Enter Sandman. I'm a big Metallica fan btw :)
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Hi all

Q1:  Where did your username come from?
    It's my name

Leicester UK

To entertain and enjoy - If somebody has a better night because we were playing then great!

Vintage Strat

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Glad you got it sorted, and welcome @Mark1960!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496

Videogame series Resident Evil. Getting a bit old for that now though.

Kent, UK

Just to play guitar whilst having my midlife crisis and beyond. Also try not to play generic blues rock!

Novo Serus T by Dennis Fano

So many........ maybe Mojo Pin by Jeff Buckley.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It is pronounced Allenmouth, and it is the name of an English village.

I live to the south of Alnmouth.

To be mistaken for a pro when I play guitar.

An original Chapman ML2.

My favourite song for singing is Islander by Nightwish.

• Hi all I'm the big H or Harvey Big coz I'm Big! Lol I'm 45 I've lived in Berkshire all my life I've played guitar as long as I can remember ,I play in several bands of several styles from country to funk . I live dream and sleep guitar and dream of one day owning my dream rig of an early 50s Tele and mid 60s vibrolux .I hope to speak and help how ever I can with many of u in the near future.