Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    A Nan's-Curtains-Burst tele with a fretboard covered in shiny shit is about the polar opposite of what I want from a guitar. For that reason, I'm out.
    Same here. Just awful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    The only appeal is the rarity of them as you know not many other people will be playing them...
    ... cos they’re horrific...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I loved those Black Paisley FSR’s they did a few years back and quite like the Brad Paisley sig Tele and a vintage one is a beautiful thing  but modern pink Paisley’s just look a bit off to me ... like they chosen the wrong pink ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Love paisley as a pattern anyway and especially on a Fender.

Not a Tele man myself but would love a paisley or blue flower Strat. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26752
    sticker said:
    I loved those Black Paisley FSR’s they did a few years back and quite like the Brad Paisley sig Tele and a vintage one is a beautiful thing  but modern pink Paisley’s just look a bit off to me ... like they chosen the wrong pink ? 
    It's the right pink, but 1) the old ones have all faded, while the new ones don't much, and 2) it's quite hard to photograph properly as those colours make most cameras' auto-white-balance go a bit funny. 

I had a black paisley MIM, and still have my pink MIJ. The black was nice, and had better stock wiring & pickups, but I prefer my pink one, as it's paisley on both front and back and has the proper shiny silver paper for the paisley bits, not just a black & white print.

Must take more pics...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sticker said:
    It's the right pink, but 1) the old ones have all faded, while the new ones don't much, and 2) it's quite hard to photograph properly as those colours make most cameras' auto-white-balance go a bit funny. 

I had a black paisley MIM, and still have my pink MIJ. The black was nice, and had better stock wiring & pickups, but I prefer my pink one, as it's paisley on both front and back and has the proper shiny silver paper for the paisley bits, not just a black & white print.

Must take more pics...

I like that black one :) 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1316
    lonestar said:
    Love them. Quickly becoming my best seller!
    how much for a paisley tele body ?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I always thought that I hated them, but looking at the pix in the thread I almost quite like them. I don't think I'd own one though, well, maybe a good aged version. 
  • I love them so much I've refinished two of my own. 

This one using wrapping paper;

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PmFeLXNtPBsDsPXCA

This one using cloth

https://photos.app.goo.gl/P6oWRCCez7WoHWBKA

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    This is a spoof thread, right? Nobody really likes them, do they?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    mart said:
    If you think the paisley teles are marmite, try a paisley jazzmaster!
    Like this one?

Well I was more thinking of the one I'm playing in my avatar. But you win - a relic'd paisley jazzmaster is even more marmite than a regular paisley JM. :)
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1083
    Now this is taking things into new levels of madness. Love it!

https://i.imgur.com/HBAwx67.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/65KXyud.jpg
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    Love them, not a huge fan of the brightness of the pink in the photos I’ve seen of the MIJ ones of late. 

Mine me was built with an Allparts body, love it. 

Would have done done this on a different bodied guitar by now, but tracking down the correct paper (textured metallic) and something then printable has been and continues to be a nightmare. They don’t look right with just white in between the paisley pattern. 
  • alexhalexh Frets: 58
    I cannot think of a fender i dislike more. Revolting.
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Image result for blackstar 3 paisley
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    kt66 said:
    Image result for blackstar 3 paisley
    Excellent - I’ll pick one of those up for my kids to plug in their Hello Kitty Strats.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    chris78 said:
    James Burton in Roy Orbison black and white night is why I love a paisley tele. The guitar cuts through like nothing else and the tone Burton gets is to die for in the gig
    Can't stand the look, but the sound yeah you are spot on!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    alexh said:
    I cannot think of a fender i dislike more. Revolting.

It's still a Tele at least.  That automatically puts is above a Jazzmaster or Jaguar, or other trendy hipster offset.  At least you can strip the Tele and get it refinished in a good colour like Lake Placid Blue or Candy Apple Red.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I hate Marmite, but love these Teles! :)
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I remember one being in Hobgoblin Music in Crawley in 1987, it was round the corner from the college I went to and I used to go and look at it during the lunch break.

From what I remember it was really cheap compared to other Fenders in the shop and had I had the money I would have got it.