SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: small-body or parlar acoustic, £1,000 rough maximum

Hi all,

This is just a feeler to see what's out there. I am looking for a parlar acoustic which I can travel with, or play shows where I'm not wanting to take out my expensive Martin.

Preference given for a Taylor GS Mini, as long as it has electronics and the case.

Ideal world:

1. good electronics;

2. loud; and

3. cutaway )I accept this last may not be possible, but I can hope).

I don't care if its banged up.

£1,000 is my current maximum, but if someone has anything awesome which goes a bit over, I won't complain.

Bonus points if someone wants to trade for my Talor 714CE, which is up for sale.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    I don’t own one but had recently looked at the Faith Mercury (hi gloss). It appears to be a great solid wood parlour (12 fret) - and they offer it with a scoop which although does not offer full cutaway access does help! 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I'm also keeping an eye out for something like this having played a gorgeous used Taylor 322 in Andertons earlier this year. 

Have recently tried a few Parlour guitars in stores and really liked the Guild Troubadour which might suit your needs. It's got a fitted pickup in the sound hole which apparently can be played through any amp.

I'm not going to decide exactly what to go for until I have tried the Eastman range which look excellent, so a trip to Guitar Village beckons. 
  • Totally recommend Eastman Guitars.....