Box 40 Reissue Boss OD-1

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I absolutely love Boss drives and Boss pedals in general. The OD-3 is a sleeper and it is brilliant. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    I keep religiously banging on about Boss but the OD-1 and SD-2 are the best drives I've ever owned, they've both seen off a lot of boutique pedals. The SD-2 crunch channel is my main rhythm tone. This is no exaggeration but the SD-2 has most natural, sparkly crunch I've ever heard in a pedal (but you have to back off on the tone and drive a little)  it's very very consistent and works with all types of amps.    
    Brilliant pedals imo.    I’d add the od2 to that list - I’d would be very happy gigging with any of them, for years I used an od2 into a jubilee and it was one of the best tones I’ve had but the od1 and sd2 are great as well.  

At sone point I should get another od1 and od2
    Really would like to try an OD-2 and OD-3 they are on my list, the late Mark Linkous/Sparklehorse was a big user of the OD-2. The OD-3 I think is used by Neil Halstead of Slowdive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Count me in with the Boss overdrive fans.

https://i.imgur.com/nRabHRR.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I keep religiously banging on about Boss but the OD-1 and SD-2 are the best drives I've ever owned, they've both seen off a lot of boutique pedals. The SD-2 crunch channel is my main rhythm tone. This is no exaggeration but the SD-2 has most natural, sparkly crunch I've ever heard in a pedal (but you have to back off on the tone and drive a little)  it's very very consistent and works with all types of amps.    
    Agree re the SD-2.  It’s the best drive box Boss ever released imo. Both channels sound brilliant and complement one another beautifully. Like you I’m a fan of the crunch side, it really does sparkle, while the lead tone is like a focussed muff - fuzzy with lots of sustain. I’m amazed it’s not more highly rated and sought after.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Count me in with the Boss overdrive fans.

https://i.imgur.com/nRabHRR.jpg
    Nice! Love the different hues of yellow
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    Agree re the SD-2.  It’s the best drive box Boss ever released imo. Both channels sound brilliant and complement one another beautifully. Like you I’m a fan of the crunch side, it really does sparkle, while the lead tone is like a focussed muff - fuzzy with lots of sustain. I’m amazed it’s not more highly rated and sought after.
    I had a £300 handpainted zvex double rock and tbh I hated it, such a pain in the arse to get a tone I was happy with. The SD-2 was instant, so easy to dial in and sounded better. Can you imagine if they released a SD-2W? 
  • What a steal.  The OD1 from that set is supposed to be amazing.  Good one!
    @PinstripePhil Yeah! really pleased with it and it looks lovely! Definitely a bit more beef to it than my 8 pin chip and as @JezWynd mentions the reissue is fantastic at lower volumes, I love the fact that the OD-1 can cover a range genres, 70’s and 80’s and it does a lovely tweedy Neil Young thing right through to 90’s Alt rock, lead tones are glorious and it shines at rhythm stuff. 
    After 
    doing a rehearsal last week, I think I preferred my 1980 OD-1, just something about it that I cannot put my finger on, I’m now using the gain boost and EQ from my FZ-2 to push the OD-1 a little further and that helps with the slight low end loss it now sounds huge. 
    Sweet! :-)
  • John_P said:
    Brilliant pedals imo.    I’d add the od2 to that list - I’d would be very happy gigging with any of them, for years I used an od2 into a jubilee and it was one of the best tones I’ve had but the od1 and sd2 are great as well.  

At sone point I should get another od1 and od2
    Already have! just got myself an almost mint 1990 MIT Boss OD-2 not a mark on it.