SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(SOLD): Friedman Butterslax. 2600.

wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 443
edited November 2018 in Amps £
Excellent condition, sounds absolutely terrifying. 

Selling only because the one amp I would sell this to get has just become available. If that goes I'll take the listing down and keep this monster. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The BEST Friedman amp imho!
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 443
    Amp equivalent of Godzilla jamming with Meshuggah whilst there's a richter scale 10 quake happening outside.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    My old one and it was the best Friedman I played.

Bumpty doodle. Someone buy this. 
    Come on, this is extremely rare and hyper desirable. 
  • Whereabouts you?  A Butterslax is on my bucket list!  Peach drop theirs down to £2999 in a sale once in a while so had been keeping an eye on that.  But, a mint second hand one.......
    Hi mate I'm in Leeds. There is one 2-3mm scratch on the 'Friedman' faceplate just above the 'e', apart from that no marks that I can see. (I didn't make that mark, might have been Dan!) I've just used it at home.
    Bumpty bump.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    That scratch was courtesy of guitar guitar not me.

Didn't think it would be you to be fair Dan, you take as good care of your gear as I do!
    The BE-50 Dlx has now arrived and is sat on top of the Butterslax. I now have a heavy stack in my room, come make it lighter someone!
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    wizbit81 said:
    Didn't think it would be you to be fair Dan, you take as good care of your gear as I do!
    The BE-50 Dlx has now arrived and is sat on top of the Butterslax. I now have a heavy stack in my room, come make it lighter someone!
    How does the BE50 compare to the Butterslax if you don’t mind me asking
    Dunno yet, I'm going to do a proper evaluation over the weekend, then if I still have it by 2nd December going to do a comparison demo between the BE 50, the Slax, the Dirty Shirley, and the BE OD and DS pedals with my mate David Beebee from the Guitar Hour. Will hopefully be a really good comparison vid for anyone wanting a Friedman of any variety!
    Evaluation done. 
    So the clean channel on the BE-50 is really, really good. I know Dave Friedman used the circuit from his Buxom Betty and it shows. Lovely cleans, obviously can't compare that to the 'Slax as it doesn't really have one, just a mild breakup channel which although it's ace in its own right, isn't a clean. 
    On mid-gain sounds the BE is a lot more vintagey if you play with it. Classic rock is there, ACDC sounds are perfect etc. The 'Slax is darker here and fuller sounding, more grunge than classic rock.
    Heavy sounds the BE with Sat swich and modern settings is a beast. Absolutely massive for heavy rock/metal/progressive metal.  The 'Slax is awe inspiring at what it does in this sonic range, if the BE is is like Gennardy Golovkin the 'Slax is like Chris Eubank Snr in his prime. Both classy and very dangerous, brutal in fact, with the 'Slax just having a brooding and nasty edge to it. Overall for metal the 'Slax probably noses it, for rock they are both a tie but just different tweaks on a certain sound, and at cleans there's only one winner. BE 50 also has loads of mini switches meaning it's even more flexible. 
    I would be happy to keep them both if I could, but for the flexibility I prefer the BE-50, which is why I bought it. If you are doing just metal or heavy rock and want THE sound though, the 'Slax is your boy!
    Aaaaaand sold.