Royal / Royale Guitars + luthier Kevin Chilcott

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3635
    Kev's a lovely guy, and it's a damn shame he isn't building any more. Never met a luthier with more attention to detail and desire to 'get it right.' 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    Greatape said:
    Kev's a lovely guy, and it's a damn shame he isn't building any more. Never met a luthier with more attention to detail and desire to 'get it right.' 
    He certainly is. Every guitar hand-built by him in person, all the way down to hand-cutting the MOP inlays.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KoosKoos Frets: 1
    Gadget said:
    I shall have to try to get along. When is it?
    Planning is: friday november 15  (!) 2019 for the Wishclone Ish / fan gathering 
  • KoosKoos Frets: 1
    Hey Gadget. And? Did we meet?  =)
    Koos said:
    Hey Gadget. And? Did we meet?  =)

Alas no. I couldn't make it in the end :(
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2429
    Just been looking at this eBay listing. It's for an acoustic guitar branded Royal, and the seller is claiming that it was made by Kevin Chilcott. But to me it looks like a generic 1970s Japanese acoustic, albeit quite a nice one. Can anyone adjudicate? The fuzzy picture of the label inside the guitar doesn't really look like something a high-end maker would use. 
    Stuckfast said:
    Just been looking at this eBay listing. It's for an acoustic guitar branded Royal, and the seller is claiming that it was made by Kevin Chilcott. But to me it looks like a generic 1970s Japanese acoustic, albeit quite a nice one. Can anyone adjudicate? The fuzzy picture of the label inside the guitar doesn't really look like something a high-end maker would use. 

You are correct; that is not a Kevin Chilcott Royal.