Korg Arp Odyssey

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791

goldtop said:
    (except the Prologue - that's got a well-documented tuning bug that Korg is very late on fixing).

Yikes.
    I seemed to have missed this.

That is really, really poor.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 841
    edited November 2018
    Is virtual analogue an option?  Digitally produced but laid out and works like a true analogue.  Might just open things up.

The yellow beast in that photo is a great shout Actually.

Studiologic sledge 2.

True analogue, patches, basic wave table facility, twin oscillator, polyphonic, nice filters, reverb/chorus/delay.  Sounds great, 61 note bed with aftertouch.

Guitar guitar are knocking them out at 
    619 new.  I'd have one in heartbeat if I had space.

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6148

Studiologic sledge 2.

True analogue, patches, basic wave table facility, twin oscillator, polyphonic, nice filters, reverb/chorus/delay.  Sounds great, 61 note bed with aftertouch.

Mistyped? The Sledge is not true analogue. It's a Waldorf in a knobby dress. 3 Ocsc, too, I think.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    mixolyd said:
    I considered the Monologue but it seems a bit limited in the ADSR section.
  • Your initial leaning towards the Arp was sound - it’s a lovely synth (and I say that as someone with horribly expensive tastes). 

You’d definitely be pleased with your purchase. 
  • goldtop said:i

Studiologic sledge 2.

Mistyped? The Sledge is not true analogue. It's a Waldorf in a knobby dress. 3 Ocsc, too, I think.
    Yah, meant not true, as in va (the point I was making that he opens options up).

Not sure if it's 2 osc and a sub  or 3 full osc from memory.  It's 6 months since I tried it.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Your initial leaning towards the Arp was sound - it’s a lovely synth (and I say that as someone with horribly expensive tastes). 

Yes, TBH nothing else in that price range has caught my eye. I'd like the full size version but that's more spendy than I'm comfortable with.
  • Sassafras said:
    Your initial leaning towards the Arp was sound - it’s a lovely synth (and I say that as someone with horribly expensive tastes). 

Yes, TBH nothing else in that price range has caught my eye. I'd like the full size version but that's more spendy than I'm comfortable with.
    Also kinda pointless. It’s actually quite nice to play - small keys are a bit of a non issue in reality. Plus you get the lovely case with it too. It’s great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom