SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bourgeois DB Signature - Adirondack / Madagascar Rosewood Dread. ## NOW SOLD ##

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
edited December 2018 in Acoustics £
2012 Bourgeois DB Signature. The best sounding square shouldered dread I have ever played or owned. Selling as I just always gravitate back to slope shouldered dreads, and I am looking at something vintage and expensive, which will likely be nowhere near as good as this, but since when did logic ever count for anything when it comes to guitars.... Have owned a LOAD of hi-end acoustics in the last 10 years or so, Collings, SCGC, Goodall, Brook, Lowden etc, this is honestly the best guitar.

The wood for the Signature series is chosen purely for acoustic properties, not aesthetics, but happens to look fantastic anyway in this case. Adi top, with Adi bracing, all the guitar tops are tap tuned by the main man himself. Incredibly thin finish. Lovely wood herringbone, Koa binding, fossilised mammoth ivory inlays, really best of the best everywhere, but not bling, still looks like a classic dreadnought.

It's incredibly dynamic, can be a full-on bluegrass cannon, but responds to gentle playing, superb strummer, and is also one of the best fingerpicking dreadnoughts I have ever played. Very balanced tone and rings out clearly and evenly in every single position all the way up the fretboard, and has a fatness in the trebles that you only get in great dreadnoughts. It's a 'do everything' guitar, and really is an instrument for life. 

There are are some clips of our own, annoyingly talented @stuartryanmusic playing one on the TNAG website, which will serve you better than any hamfisted offerings I could provide.

The Madagascar Rosewood is getting scarce as you know, it is no longer a standard option on the signature series of guitars, so would be a massive upcharge on an already expensive guitar. Not sure, but guessing could be over £7k in the UK In future. This is probably a decent long term investment, the way things are going with wood.

Great condition, original case (which is a work of art also), perfect playability, zero issues. If you are looking for a top end square shouldered dread, you can buy this and never have to think about anything else. There is nothing better, only different.

Anyway, enough gushing....

Bargain at £3,500

Would really rather not post this, but could possibly be persuaded. Would prefer it was collected, or happy to meet within a reasonable distance of Glasgow.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• These are incredible guitars - ironically I was playing one with this exact spec at The North American Guitar just last week and was bowled over by it. If I hadn't just parted with a whole load of cash for something else from there I'd have had it. Whoever gets this is going to be very happy! Great price and GLWTS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • An absolute peach of a guitar for someone. I have a Bourgeois Soloist which is up there with the finest guitars I have ever played. A great price too ! GLWTS
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Bourgeois Custom OM owner here too. They are amazing guitars. Mine's not flash or overstated in any way, just a very beautiful sounding and playing guitar. I'm think someone's just got themself a great guitar.