SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2017 Atkin D37

What's Hot

I’ve only just acquired this amazing dreadnought from @stuartryanmusic (who was a real gent) but I did so with the intention of selling my beloved hummingbird to fund it. I simply can’t bear to part with the hummingbird so the Atkin must go to a new home! 

As with most Atkins I’ve tried this one sounds massive and beautiful at the same time and plays superbly thanks to a set up last week by Richard Pilkington. 
https://i.imgur.com/KnSb09c.jpg
It shows only very slight playwear and needs nothing. Very beautiful wood figuring on the back & sides and the top is obviously a choice piece of spruce. Ebony fingerboard and bridge. Classy!
https://i.imgur.com/FTymoeo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/oGjzsdG.jpg
Comes with an aftermarket hard case as the case supplied with the guitar was actually an OM case and it’s far too tight a fit for this guitar! 

Asking for £1850 which, after the cost of set-up and case, leaves me slightly short but hey, it’s the FB!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Buy with confidence gents, Jimmy is a pleasure to deal with and this is a fantastic guitar - having played his Hummingbird I can see why he's keeping it! 
  • Buy with confidence gents, Jimmy is a pleasure to deal with and this is a fantastic guitar - having played his Hummingbird I can see why he's keeping it! 
    Thanks Stuart! Yes, no slight on the guitar whatsoever, if finances allowed it wouldn’t be going anywhere!
  • would you post to Germany?
  • Otherwise I have an address in the UK. What's your best price including postage? Where are you based?
  • Otherwise I have an address in the UK. What's your best price including postage? Where are you based?
    Just PM’d you, happy to post to UK address. 
  • Sold pending the usual
  • Have you still got the Atkin OM ? Which one do you prefer?
    Yes, still have the OM and kept it over the D37 but only because by keeping the hummingbird I already had a dread!
    Yes, still have the OM and kept it over the D37 but only because by keeping the hummingbird I already had a dread!
    That makes sense. Judging by this thread ,I think if you'd sold the Hummingbird, you'd have regretted it for evermoreI have just bought an Atkin LG47 .I only play finger style and it is a wonderful guitar and comfortable to play. I've yet to hear anyone criticise an Atkin! All the best and good luck for a speedy sale,
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom