Sasquatch Shortlist!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Ed, I know this is asking for extra work, but any chance of the usual spreadsheet so we can see what gaps there are for the various instruments?  I'd like to guitar and sing on Learn To Fly, but otherwise I'll fill in on guitar, vocals and drums wherever required.  Feel free to delegate if you like, I'm off work today and would be happy to do it... ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    edited December 2018
    Ed, I know this is asking for extra work, but any chance of the usual spreadsheet so we can see what gaps there are for the various instruments?  I'd like to guitar and sing on Learn To Fly, but otherwise I'll fill in on guitar, vocals and drums wherever required.  Feel free to delegate if you like, I'm off work today and would be happy to do it...
    Hi Mate

I'll PM you.

Ed
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Hi All,

Bumping this to say the setlist is going to be under review to incorporate the realities of preparing for the gig, for all involved.

Not likely to change massively (we already are likely to lose a couple of songs in any case) but there will inevitably be changes as "bands" are already forming around gig songs.  Where the gig songs aren't all standards with pros we will inevitably need to properly rehearse.  I know I will!

When the final modified list is prepared we will put it here.

Please let me know if you are looking forward to doing a room recording but not up for gigging it, as the recordings are still a big part of the day, so just because something isn't being gigged doesn't mean it automatically gets dropped.
  • ok..

I'll play lead on All Along The Watchtower (if it needs such??)
    I'll play bass on Lil Devil (again) and Wishing Well

Danger Zone and Beat It anyone???

I'm concious that @Bridgehouse needs to get his name down for stuff..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited December 2018
    I’ll do Drums on Mardy  Bum if it’s on the list. Cheers.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    mrkb said:
    Yeah, 'tis.  Think that's me, you, @darthed1981 and not sure if it was @Bridgehouse or @Legionreturns on bass. And we can always do multiple runs, I expect, if lots of people want a crack.
    Snags said:
    mrkb said:
    Yeah, 'tis.  Think that's me, you, @darthed1981 and not sure if it was @Bridgehouse or @Legionreturns on bass. And we can always do multiple runs, I expect, if lots of people want a crack.
    Are we doing the regular version or the three bars shorter version? Don’t want to learn the ending if we aren’t going to play it... ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I expect it will be a surprise.  To all of us.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    Snags said:
    mrkb said:
    Are we doing the regular version or the three bars shorter version? Don’t want to learn the ending if we aren’t going to play it... ;)
    Bwahaha - that will teach me to rely on...

1. Someone else's crib sheet.
    2. The concept of a dry run...

"Next time" ;)
    You dissing ma crib sheet, young man?!  Anyway, I could have sworn someone told me it was "Me and my wife's special song", which I rashly assumed meant they knew it inside out and back to front.  How Mrs Darth must weep …

=D
    Snags said:
    You dissing ma crib sheet, young man?!  Anyway, I could have sworn someone told me it was "Me and my wife's special song", which I rashly assumed meant they knew it inside out and back to front.  How Mrs Darth must weep …

=D
    He only sings it behind her back!!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Snags said:

=D
    No it was Rolands one, finished a verse early and I got a mental block.
    Oh, that's OK then.  Have to say I thought mine had it all on, because I had to do some quick cribbing to give @munckee his moment of glory at Herts.  You can diss Roland's crib sheet all you like B) 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Snags said:
    Oh, that's OK then.  Have to say I thought mine had it all on, because I had to do some quick cribbing to give @munckee his moment of glory at Herts.  You can diss Roland's crib sheet all you like B) 
    Glorious is correct. Not a dry eye in the house : ) 
    Just to bump some life back into this, if no-one else is going to put their hand in the air, I'll try to muddle along some rhythm on My Sharona.

Also, if TPTB are struggling to produce a collated Google Drive spreadsheet, I might be able to sort something early next week (got a hell of a weekend coming up, but after that ...).