Mosky - Golden Showers

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
edited December 2018 in FX Reviews
Here then is my Mosky Golden Horse Review:

I didn't want a Klon clone; another transparent drive; another drive; any old pedal for the sake of it. BUT I got a bit of a gold nugget here seeing as I took advantage of a TopCashback weekend offer on my account and snagged it off Aliexpress for just £9.40

I saw very few reviews on  YT and read a few written comments of bad quality and non functionality and then is the Silver Horse variant with an additional 'voice' switch, but for £9.40 the Golden Horse was worth a punt. 

Anyway took just 9 days to arrive even this time of year by a courier signed for no less. Plugged it in at unity and is a sparking little pedal full of tone and warmth. No hiss no pops, no crackles, just  lots of dynamics into either a clean or lightly driven amp channel. Is no need to push hard with the volume and tapering off the treble on the guitar allows either some delightful bloom on your tone, or sharpens up the attack for clipping rhythm and chord work.

I tried it against my other benchmark Transparent Drive that delivers lovely tones for me - Cool Cat Trans v1 and is a strong similarity but the Mosky has more instant articulation on-tap via the guitar dial end.

I was expecting it to be a bit dark and fudgy from the small amount of usable reviews but not a hint of it. Is a little gem of a pedal and for the price of a bottle of Port, is a great little Secret Santa gift to myself!

Yes indeed - I am pissing myself at how great this sounds for how little it cost!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• Some of the bits you can find on AliExpress are awesome. My cousin had a build-your-own Klon type kit off there and it was £14 or so all in. He uses it live and has done for some years.

On a side note, I love how on the graphic for that pedal he is throwing an axe in the least "throw-an-axe" way imaginable.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    unleash your inner Poleaxe

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>