Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Please See "Water Rats April 19 - Song List"

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    I’ve finally paid up
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12254
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    Ok quick update for the water rats massive;

Paid are: @Fuengi @lovestrat74 @Tone71 @Flanging_Fred @Jonathangus @McToot @munckee @customkits ;

People who have said yes are: @peteri @David5150 @sev112 @grappagreen @springhead @darthed1981 @mrkb @Bridgehouse ;

Those missing presumed missing are: @Mike77 @fandango @Route66 ;

@poopot are you back once again with the renegade master?
    Payment received from Grappagreen, David5150 moved to the naughty list : )
    Excuse my tardiness intended to get this all sorted over christmas but it came and went in a drunken haze...

Attending are fuengi, lovestrat74, tone71, flanging fred + drummer, jonathangus, mctoot, customkits, peteri, grappagreen, springhead, mark blagdon, bridgehouse and I.  @poopot is hopefully coming along @sev112 can you confirm please?

I'm starting a new thread for song choices.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1583

I sent payment a couple of weeks ago, hopefully you've received that now?

Hi @springhead all those shown as 'attending' are settled up bona fides.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    Ok, gotcha, thanks.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    @munckee ;
    just paid, and hence confirm I’m raring to go ;) 
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    I will NOT be attending I'm afraid - too much going on at the moment with existing commitments.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6626
    edited January 2019
    Hello, is there still space for another? If there is then count me in. 

As for fun guitar stuff to play that people can get involved in... Maybe 'Crossroads' or 'White Room' or something? 

Always happy to play some Black Crowes or some Pearl Jam or something. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Anyone? :(

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    soma1975 said:
    Anyone? :(
    @munckee ;
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • soma1975 said:
    Hello, is there still space for another? If there is then count me in. 

As for fun guitar stuff to play that people can get involved in... Maybe 'Crossroads' or 'White Room' or something? 

Always happy to play some Black Crowes or some Pearl Jam or something. 
    I imagine there should be as quote a few have dropped out. @munckee will sort you out ;)
    Okay cool well if there's a space I can pay up etc. 

soma1975 said:
    Okay cool well if there's a space I can pay up etc. 
    Hi @soma1975 cost for the day is £26 which covers the hire of the venue/facilities can you paypal if you have access to munckee74@gmail.com, then start thinking about a couple of song suggestions.
    Ace. Money sent. Will come back with more suggestions later today.

Looking forward to it!

edited January 2019
    Quite nervous about doing it (not played with others for a while) but I'm sure after 30secs it will all be fine. Happy to play leads/share leads etc and/or stand behind other people slamming out barre chords while they sweep pick and 8 finger tap all over the place on a tasteful Neil Young Cover.  

Picked some tunes that might be fun to trade and everyone have a turn, and some more straight rock tracks. They are all songs I know 'some' of so will have an incentive to finally learn them all the way through. Of course, completely open to suggestions though. I'm kind of blues/rock/blues-rock based, with another love for early 90s alt rock type stuff. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, STP etc. 

Aside from guitar(s) shall I bring kit?Are people sharing things?  Just putting the finishing touches on a nice small pedalboard which covers all the basics that I'm happy for anyone to use. Likewise unless it gets sold I can bring my Marshall Astoria combo which I have so far never had up past bedroom volume levels and is meant to be quite special wound up a bit. 

Oh yeah and no vocals for me. 

Cream 'Crossroads'

Cream - SWALBR

SRV - 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'

Pearl Jam - Alive

Lenny Kravitz - Always on the Run

Lenny Kravitz - Fields of Joy

Vintage Trouble - Blues Hand me Down

Black Crowes - Remedy or Thorn in my Pride

Allman Brothers - Whipping Post

Fleetwood Mac - Need Your Love So Bad

Fleetwood Mac - Black Magic Woman

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    Im really struggling with inspiration, thinking mainly of keeping it fairly easy but with multiple guitar parts so will go for....

Beatles - Get Back 

Happy to play lead or rhythm on either

Would also be happy to swap BMW for The Stone Roses - Waterfall though if anyone fancies it?
    Tone71 said:
    Im really struggling with inspiration, thinking mainly of keeping it fairly easy but with multiple guitar parts so will go for....

Beatles - Get Back 

Would also be happy to swap BMW for The Stone Roses - Waterfall though if anyone fancies it?
    I listened to waterfall in the car today and thought what a great song to play. 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    munckee said:
    Tone71 said:

Beatles - Get Back 

I listened to waterfall in the car today and thought what a great song to play. 
    Its great to play, not stupidly hard and an excellent song to boot

soma1975 said:
    Quite nervous about doing it (not played with others for a while) but I'm sure after 30secs it will all be fine. Happy to play leads/share leads etc and/or stand behind other people slamming out barre chords while they sweep pick and 8 finger tap all over the place on a tasteful Neil Young Cover.  

Picked some tunes that might be fun to trade and everyone have a turn, and some more straight rock tracks. They are all songs I know 'some' of so will have an incentive to finally learn them all the way through. Of course, completely open to suggestions though. I'm kind of blues/rock/blues-rock based, with another love for early 90s alt rock type stuff. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, STP etc. 

Aside from guitar(s) shall I bring kit?Are people sharing things?  Just putting the finishing touches on a nice small pedalboard which covers all the basics that I'm happy for anyone to use. Likewise unless it gets sold I can bring my Marshall Astoria combo which I have so far never had up past bedroom volume levels and is meant to be quite special wound up a bit. 

Oh yeah and no vocals for me. 

Cream 'Crossroads'

Cream - SWALBR

SRV - 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'

Pearl Jam - Alive

Lenny Kravitz - Always on the Run

Lenny Kravitz - Fields of Joy

Vintage Trouble - Blues Hand me Down

Black Crowes - Remedy or Thorn in my Pride

Allman Brothers - Whipping Post

Fleetwood Mac - Need Your Love So Bad

The last water rats was really friendly and everyone was just pleased to be there and enjoyed it. Unfortunately I'm organising this one so who knows : ) I'm going to try and come up with 20 songs overall so we can fit them in. Is there two of your list you'd particularly want to play on?  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Cool, if we are back to song suggestions. 

I prevuiusky put up All Night Long by Rainbow. Good simple riff based, well known, solo pretty easy for many

And I’ll add for consideration

aint no love in the heart of the city - whitesnake. Overall pretty simple.  Allows someone a nice blues rock solo, or ad libbed  if they want.  A good proper jam track

or
    Cowboy Song, Thin Lizzy, .  One of their best, and again, opportunity to replicate the solos, or play some bluesy ad lib over the top.  Good point is that the twin guitar harmonies are actually quite simple and would be fun in a jam environment

anyway that’s my thruppence :)