Low wattage Bogner Ecstacy?! (Lunchbox)

What's Hot
Saw something pop up on a FB feed... Anyone any news/info?
Could be really interesting....
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited January 2019
    The Atma's SP is switchable low wattage.

http://www.bogneramplification.com/atma
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    Yep, made in Macedonia according to its rear panel which has lots of TGP type groups yelling that it should therefore be significantly cheaper than anything made in the states, UK or Germany etc etc.

If it's not, it's a rip off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EL84’s I’m out! 
  • Got a link?
    <space for hire>
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    The Atma to me already has that XTC vibe going on anyway..the only thing missing is the completely separate crunch channel controls (shared on Atma)

EL84’s I’m out! 
    Why? I struggle to hear much of a tonal difference between 34 and 84 and these things are soooo loud with so much preamp gain emphasis that you'll never really push into breakup territory.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4287
    edited January 2019
    welshboyo said:
    The Atma to me already has that XTC vibe going on anyway..the only thing missing is the completely separate crunch channel controls (shared on Atma)

EL84’s I’m out! 
    Why? I struggle to hear much of a tonal difference between 34 and 84 and these things are soooo loud with so much preamp gain emphasis that you'll never really push into breakup territory.
    EL84’s don’t offer the big low end

I’ve owned or tried out several of the lunchbox heads and EL84’s don’t have anywhere that killer punch that I look for. Has to be a bigger bottle 
  • welshboyo said:

EL84’s I’m out! 

I’ve owned or tried out several of the lunchbox heads and EL84’s don’t have anywhere that killer punch that I look for. Has to be a bigger bottle 
    Hah...that's what I thought, until I got a Jet City JCA22H. That thing put out more thumpy low-end than any 100W amp I've ever tried.
    <space for hire>
  • Best amp I’ve had for low end EL84 was my Cornford Hellcat 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    welshboyo said:

EL84’s I’m out! 

Hah...that's what I thought, until I got a Jet City JCA22H. That thing put out more thumpy low-end than any 100W amp I've ever tried.
    Exactly!!, its the cab it goes into rather than the poweramp - my Atma even in its tiny little combo shell has got a tonne of thump - through a 2x12 it sounds huge.
  • Im very interested now as long as its not mad.expensive... hopefully a Lance Lopez demo
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That looks the  nuts!
  • John_A said:
    That looks the  nuts!
    I might have to put the engl on hold ...!!!
  • Wish he'd reduce the size of the script =) That'll be lovely in his textured yin/yang like tolex... THis and the new Strymon lol Im goosed.
    John_A said:
    That looks the  nuts!
    On paper this should do the trick, lets hope it 's as good as it's big brother
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    It doesn't look like it has any power attenuation built in? is it a fixed 25W amp?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    The adjustable DI out is a very cool idea :)
    It doesn't look like it has any power attenuation built in? is it a fixed 25W amp?
    If it has a good master volume it's largely redundant anyway.  My Engl Ironball has built in attenuation and the 5W setting doesnt sound much different to the 20W setting with the volume down
  • John_A said:
    John_A said:
    That looks the  nuts!
    On paper this should do the trick, lets hope it 's as good as it's big brother
    I've never tried the ecstacy but I love the shiva!!
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 333
    I have a 20th Anniversary Ecstasy 6L6 and it’s the best amp I’ve ever played.  Will never be sold.

I’m getting this.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom