EBAY fun times

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Bidley said:
    Paul7926 said:
    And this is just another reason why I don't bother with eBay any more.

OP has done nothing wrong yet at least one person is calling him a dick. Sure the guy making the listing may have made a genuine mistake but back when I were a lad that was called a learning experience. We never had the snowflake police to leap in interject.

OP has even contacted the seller asking for options rather than immediately trying to force the sale through. Yet we still have the issue that eBay sales are binding except when they are not which turns out to be every single time with all the loopholes in how it works.

The whole platform is not fit for purpose any more.
    Priceless!
    When I were a lad we used to get a lump o’ coal and a clip r’and earlhole for breakfast. Never did me any harm! Them’ were t’days.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Bidley said:
    Paul7926 said:
    And this is just another reason why I don't bother with eBay any more.

OP has done nothing wrong yet at least one person is calling him a dick. Sure the guy making the listing may have made a genuine mistake but back when I were a lad that was called a learning experience. We never had the snowflake police to leap in interject.

OP has even contacted the seller asking for options rather than immediately trying to force the sale through. Yet we still have the issue that eBay sales are binding except when they are not which turns out to be every single time with all the loopholes in how it works.

The whole platform is not fit for purpose any more.
    Priceless!
    When I were a lad we used to get a lump o’ coal and a clip r’and earlhole for breakfast. Never did me any harm! Them’ were t’days.
    Coal? Luxury! We got a piece of grit and then my dad killed us every morning. Tell that to modern kids and they’ll not believe thee, mind. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fucksakes.

Turning notifications off on this shit.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    The ideal scenario would be the seller just going through with it, but not everyone can afford to do that.

I've had the postage thing before where you weigh it and price it all up, then the lady in the post office comes out with a random price that doesn't resemble what you saw online.
    I wanted to just pay it, but its difficult when they're quoting you a price 50% higher than the amount you sold it for.

If I'm having to sell something its cos I need money. In that situation I'm not able to pay out of my own pocket in order to sell someone a none essential item. As nice as that would be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the practicalities are that if he doesnt want to sell it to you, he doesnt have to, as said, he can claim its lost or broken. he might re list it as an auction and get less, or more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom