Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which DAW

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• josephdoucejosephdouce Frets: 1
    edited January 2019
    Tried them all... Reaper hands down, best community, YouTube tutorials for EVERYTHING, easy to use. Not technically free but $60 isn't breaking the bank after 60 days trial (which doesn't actually end) I started with reaper thought "I'll try the more "PRO" stuff" always ended up going back to Reaper. 

Also there are no ridiculous limitations on Reaper, everything works, forever.

Throwing money at the issue wont make your mixes any better, some big ticket productions have been done with reaper, yea they probably splashed out on plugins but still. Reaper is getting big in the game industry and at least one Hollywood producer uses Reaper and thought it was good enough for him to start making YouTube tutorials on the subject.
    David Farmer (The Hobbit, Ant-Man, World Of Warcraft) uses REAPER for sound design and has started making videos on the subject.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tried them all... Reaper hands down, best community, YouTube tutorials for EVERYTHING, easy to use. Not technically free but $60 isn't breaking the bank after 60 days trial (which doesn't actually end) I started with reaper thought "I'll try the more "PRO" stuff" always ended up going back to Reaper. 

Also there are no ridiculous limitations on Reaper, everything works, forever.

Throwing money at the issue wont make your mixes any better, some big ticket productions have been done with reaper, yea they probably splashed out on plugins but still. Reaper is getting big in the game industry and at least one Hollywood producer uses Reaper and thought it was good enough for him to start making YouTube tutorials on the subject.
    David Farmer (The Hobbit, Ant-Man, World Of Warcraft) uses REAPER for sound design and has started making videos on the subject.

yeah some people still make the mistake that Reaper is somehow either for beginners or lacking features. Its incredibly powerful ReaWire is amazing.
  • I'd advise anyone to go with reaper and splash the extra cash on something usefull. The quality of input devices is a much bigger factor then your DAW.