I love cooking - I love food :)

What's Hot
NikcNikc Frets: 627
So I just tired a wee taster of the Chicken dish I'm cooking for me and my loving wife (with white wine, peppers, mushrooms and single cream plus an array of herbs and spices) feck me it's lovely - I'd weight 20 odd stone if I wasn't such a keen cyclist ;)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Recipe or STFU.... !!!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Me and ladyprettydamned made Thai curry tonight - mostly green peppers with one furiously hot red, coconut milk, coconut cream, a big shallot  garlic, coriander leaves, stem and seed, cumin, the works. Could have used a bit more of a kick though  

Griddled chicken strips and spiralised courgette made the main features, with some peas, tenderstem broccoli and French beans. DAMN it was good. Cooking rocks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Emp_Fab said:
    Recipe or STFU.... !!!
    Family secret ;)
    @Moderators - Ban this SOB immediately !!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    Stuff chicken breasts with cream cheese and wrap in Parma ham tie with string. Put 300ml white wine and 300ml chicken stock in a frying pan. Heat with the chicken in so it poaches  when cooked through remove the chicken and boil the liquid until reduced by half. Add cream and some tarragon. Slice the stuffed chicken and put the sauce over. Goes well with little herby roast potatoes and asparagus or a salad. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26742
    Cooking is one of my favourite things. Preferably with music and wine

I'm celiac, which is a massive pain, but makes home cooking all the more important. We're big on veg & protein and trying to avoid carbs.

I think I love slow cooked stuff most of all - big pots of shredded lamb or pork are just awesome.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16002
    I'm on a serious diet............this is a very unfair thread to people in my position who are looking forward to their next interesting plate of steamed vegetables !
  • I'm on a serious diet, too!

Last night I cooked us a serious Fish curry (from Diane Henrys book "Plenty") with Basmati rice and a Spinach & Onion side (from Madhur Jaffreys book "Taste of India"). Took just an hour from start to finish, from scratch including roasting the spices. 

Still can't cook a steak properly, though....  

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    Dominic said:
    I'm on a serious diet............this is a very unfair thread to people in my position who are looking forward to their next interesting plate of steamed vegetables !
    Fresh herbs are your friend. They're the difference between good food and blandness. 
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Good to see I’m not alone, my love of food and wine is well balanced against my training regime - exercise is your best friend I managed to burn 1500 kcal on my turbo trainer yesterday :) 
    edited January 2019
    p90fool said:
    Dominic said:
    Fresh herbs are your friend. They're the difference between good food and blandness. 
    We're on a diet you can make great stuff.  I've had the stuffed chicken above, chilli, chicken curry, salmon with potatoes and vegetables, shepherds pie and stir fry the past 7 days and lost 3 pounds.  I'm targetting losing a stone over 12 months.  Plus I had a couple of glasses of wine and port last night and a few pints thursday,
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16002
    munckee said:
    p90fool said:
    Dominic said:
    We're on a diet you can make great stuff.  I've had the stuffed chicken above, chilli, chicken curry, salmon with potatoes and vegetables, shepherds pie and stir fry the past 7 days and lost 3 pounds.  I'm targetting losing a stone over 12 months.  Plus I had a couple of glasses of wine and port last night and a few pints thursday,
    You're pretending you're on a diet !.........I'm trying to be a bit more hard-core ;Target lose 2 stone in 2 months 
    That glass of Port had more sugar than 3 slices of chocolate fudge cake 

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 850
    Did cauliflower cheese last night.
    Came out good, tasty, best I've done yet. But not perfect.
    Dominic said:
    munckee said:
    p90fool said:
    Dominic said:
    You're pretending you're on a diet !.........I'm trying to be a bit more hard-core ;Target lose 2 stone in 2 months 
    That glass of Port had more sugar than 3 slices of chocolate fudge cake 

I have a stone to lose. Missus. Munckee wants to lose more so I'm pacing myself!
    Nikc said:
    Good to see I’m not alone, my love of food and wine is well balanced against my training regime - exercise is your best friend I managed to burn 1500 kcal on my turbo trainer yesterday :) 
    1500 ?????  I seriously doubt that - unless you're some kind of olympic athlete.

I get to 150 on my treadmill and I need to be helped off !!
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    edited January 2019
    Here's a good one:

Cook some spaghetti
    heat up some olive oil
    add cracked pepper to the oil
    stir in the pasta
    add loads of pecorino cheese

5 minutes to make - Cacio e pepe, it's what the locals eat in Rome and it's fantastic.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    Shredded mexican beef tonight. Normally slow cooked but trying MrsF's new Instantpot - should take under an hour start to finish. Smells good already...
    blobb said:
    Here's a good one:

Cook some spaghetti
    heat up some olive oil
    stir in the pasta

5 minutes to make - Cacio e pepe, it's what the locals eat in Rome and it's fantastic.
    Excellent dish, but you have to judge the right amount of pasta water in the "sauce" to get it perfect. Once you get it right you don't even need the oil...
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4958
    edited January 2019
    Emp_Fab said:
    Nikc said:
    Good to see I’m not alone, my love of food and wine is well balanced against my training regime - exercise is your best friend I managed to burn 1500 kcal on my turbo trainer yesterday  
    1500 ?????  I seriously doubt that - unless you're some kind of olympic athlete.

I get to 150 on my treadmill and I need to be helped off !!
    @Emp_Fab a Tour de France cyclist will burn between 4-7,000 calories a day, so it's not that hard to do. One of my local rides, Conwy to Liverpool, is 65 miles and that will average 1600 calories, and that's taking it nice and easy. I can burn about the same on a 20 mile loop if I'm really pushing it.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • blobb said:
    Here's a good one:

Cook some spaghetti
    heat up some olive oil
    stir in the pasta

Had some Cacio e Pepe when in Rome last year, proper lovely food.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...