Squier JV strange switch issue

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72202
    My experience in the shop is that they actually don’t sell for quite as much as the hype might suggest, but any price under £500 is still a bargain.

I honestly think that they’re a bit overpriced usually - they’re good, but no better than a more recent MIJ Fender and not quite as good as a Mexican Classic Series, both of which have Fender on the headstock and can be bought for less. They gained their reputation largely when Fender USA weren’t making anything as good.

But if you paid less than that it’s a very nice guitar and a quirky piece of history for those of us old enough to remember them when they were new!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolutely agree with you. In my opinion, 500£ is the real price for all original JV. I bought it well below that price  ;)
    The first issue with the fender logo is a different thing, they are quite rare so I understand the price.

The problem is, as a new player I haven't had a chance to hold(Play). real American strat in my hands. Would interesting to compare it.  I have Player Series Mexican Strat. I bought it just before I acquired JV. Since then I never touched it, but probably is just me being influenced by all that content praising JV guitars.

I have cheap MIJ Squier built in early '90. Despite electronics and hardware built quality is better than my Mexican Strat. No gaps at the neck pocket, nicely done frets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I thought the Classic Vibe series were a decent sub for a JV having owned both .Fender did reply in their forum  to my post and said that was the intention .I prefer the classic vibes as they have a 9.5 board anyway .The jV's are good no doubt but not supercalafragilistically good.I would love mine back as I was a reluctant seller way back when but mainly to own rather than play it much  .A mortgage got in the way .I still have the green box it came in .
  • rossi said:
    I thought the Classic Vibe series were a decent sub for a JV having owned both .Fender did reply in their forum  to my post and said that was the intention .I prefer the classic vibes as they have a 9.5 board anyway .The jV's are good no doubt but not supercalafragilistically good.I would love mine back as I was a reluctant seller way back when but mainly to own rather than play it much  .A mortgage got in the way .I still have the green box it came in .
    Great point of view.  If I had to choose CV or JV, I would definitely go for CV, because as you said they are quite similar in some terms and the price is muuuuuch better. Well, I prefer 7.25 radius, but it's easy to switch to 9.5.

Interesting, I never saw the box. Do you have some pictures of it?  

Cheers