SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Jet City JAC100HDM for sale - now £275

supessupes Frets: 181
edited September 2013 in Amps £
I've only had it a couple of months, and I bought it new. Excellent condition, and still has all it's original packaging, manual, footswitch etc.

I'm selling because it's more than I really need. I've moved to a classic rock pub band, and this does so much more than that. I'm after a Marshall AVT50H which will suit me fine. Although it's 100W, read the reviews - it's useable at bedroom levels. I practice in the garage and it's fine there. I'd compare it to the EVH range of amps, maybe a Blackstar (I had the series one 100W), but for a lot less cash.

Check out the youtube clips of this amp, it's a hell of an amp for the cash new - I think they are still selling at £400 plus postage. I'll let this go for £300. Saving you £100 off the new price. I live in Durham, but happy to box up for a courier if you arrange it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26560
    Damn, man. I've just bought a JCA22H, on the basis that I didn't want to stretch another £200. I'd have snapped your hand off if you'd posted this last week :P

For the benefit of anyone looking...don't forget that this has the 50W switch, the depth control and a far cooler black mesh front panel (and, I believe, blue LEDs inside).
    <space for hire>
  • Oh man, I want this. I don't have any money though.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Damn, man. I've just bought a JCA22H, on the basis that I didn't want to stretch another £200. I'd have snapped your hand off if you'd posted this last week :P

For the benefit of anyone looking...don't forget that this has the 50W switch, the depth control and a far cooler black mesh front panel (and, I believe, blue LEDs inside).
    If you want to sell your JCA22h I'd be interested.
    Si_ said:
    Having just bought it, I couldn't really let it go for much less than I paid for it...so you'd be better off just getting one from JCA's UK store. They're about £210 delivered at the moment :)
    <space for hire>
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    digitalscream;14910" said:
    Si_ said:

Having just bought it, I couldn't really let it go for much less than I paid for it...so you'd be better off just getting one from JCA's UK store. They're about £210 delivered at the moment :)
    Is the difference between jca22 and 100w version mainly in headroom or they sound different? I was thinking about getting one of the JCA heads, but it will be mostly for home use. Saying that 100W is switchable to 50W what would be your advice Digitalscream?
    Is the difference between jca22 and 100w version mainly in headroom or they sound different? I was thinking about getting one of the JCA heads, but it will be mostly for home use. Saying that 100W is switchable to 50W what would be your advice Digitalscream?
    With apologies to @supes for the derail...

I have a JCA50H and a JCA22H, and I've played with a JCA100H - I can honestly say that the 50H and 100H were more controllable at low volumes than the 22H. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but it's true. I haven't tried a 100HDM, but my gut feeling is that the depth control should also help with the low-volume tone.

The tone is very different with the 22H, especially as you get closer to band volume; there's less low end and more in the mid-range as compared with its larger siblings.

The only reason I'd slightly prefer the 22H is that it's smaller and lighter; my 50H is my main gigging amp, and the 22H is a backup. If I had your requirements, I'd get the 100HDM that supes is selling in a heartbeat.
    <space for hire>
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Awesome, thanks for response Digitalscream :) I need to think that over and will get back to you guys.

Also sorry for going slightly off topic mate, hope you didn't mind :)
  • supessupes Frets: 181
    I don't mind at all mate. Just one thing worth considering though if you're seriously thinking about it - I have it advertised locally too and there's a guy coming through after work tomorrow night for a look at it. I have a feeling he's going to offer less than £300 though because he's already asked what's the lowest I'd take - which is £300.
    Regarding what it sounds like, just like DigitalScream I played the range, but to me unless you're after the 22H purely because of the size/weight (which is very tempting for the price), the 100 was the one to go for because it can sound like the 22 and 50.
    Still for sale - local buyer didn't show. Happy to courier if needed.
    Bumping - may take trade if anybody is interested in this. Failing that its ebay.
  • Esquire/telecaster I have for sale?
    Thanks for the offer Rockmonster but I've never liked Telecasters. Good luck with the sale though mate.
  • No worries I knew it was a long shot!
    Last bump before ebay.
    £275 if anybody wants it - it's on ebay now but the ridiculous fees annoy me. Rather sell it on here.
    Last price drop - £250
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    This is probably a long shot...but is still available?
    Nope sorry pal, long gone. But thanks for the reminder to add that to this thread.