Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Punisher on Netflix

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I love it.. the relationships between characters is brilliant
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4612
    edited January 2019
    JJ was great, iron fist was totally missed cast. Luke Cage was great, but in some ways it bigged up Black American gang culture in such a way it was almost racist.
    Season 3 of Daredevil was a let down.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited January 2019
    Jeez - I went and dug this out to give it a go cos you rated it but is draw droppingly tedious... just how much incessant soul searching can you get away with just to keep the budget down...??

At least it lives up to its title...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

At least it lives up to its title...
    Most of the navel gazing is front loaded. It gets very fighty towards the end of the series if that's what you're into. 

For me, all the punching and shooting (and stabbing and bludgeoning and burning and kicking, and gouging and hair pulling and scratching and name calling) is more effective as drama when you know who's doing it to who, and why, which makes the soul searching worthwhile.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    Season 2 starts on the 18th Jan. 

Im not one much for investing in TV series. I mostly watch movies or read books. Rarely watch TV. 

Punisher season 1 was excellent, so i’ll definitely watch all of season 2. 

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know there was a season 2 coming out.  This will give me something else to watch after Ray Donovan finishes. 

Yeah, I suspect it'll just about be the last of the Marvel/Netflix shows before Disney launch their own streaming platform and shove it all on there.

Do you think the Disney streaming service will retain the grit of the Netflix Marvel shows? 
    Doubt it.

Disney has never done anything like it.

For other adult themed stuff they usually release it under a different studio name for films.

But at the same time if Disney wants their streaming service to be more than just a kids service then they'll have to compete with Netflix and Amazon - but that doesn't mean they will do 18 certificate stuff.

They would certainly lose a lot of Marvel fans if there wasn't as much action.  Can you imagine a watered down version of The Punisher?  Terrible! 
    "punishing" people by leaving acerbic notes on their cars and ordering pizzas to their house?
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    Are they releasing it as a binge package like last time?

• Marvel have stated that will not be renewing any of the Netflix series and Disney+ have announced that they will not be continuing them.  The whole project will be done, dusted, dead and buried after the second season of The Punisher is over ...like most of his victims.

I can't help but think Titans is a glimpse of a more permanent (and flourishing) Netflix / DC relationship.  They've certainly done better in the four episodes of that, that I've seen, than Warners have done with umpteen series of their tedious Arrowverse-related shows...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • 20 mins in and he has pulled a girl with 2 strats on her wall.  Class program
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23925
    tekbow said:

Yup.

S2 went live at midnight.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    tekbow said:

Yup.

S2 went live at midnight.
    Yeah, I see it's up, jolly good!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    Watched half of season 2. It’s a bit slower than season 1, but not bad. Some great bits.  
    Looking forward to the remaining 7 episodes 
  • i have quit.  its rubbish compared with first series
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    edited January 2019 tFB Trader
    Marvel have stated that will not be renewing any of the Netflix series and Disney+ have announced that they will not be continuing them.  The whole project will be done, dusted, dead and buried after the second season of The Punisher is over ...like most of his victims.

I can't help but think Titans is a glimpse of a more permanent (and flourishing) Netflix / DC relationship.  They've certainly done better in the four episodes of that, that I've seen, than Warners have done with umpteen series of their tedious Arrowverse-related shows...
    S3 of Jessica Jones is currently in/recently wrapped production so that will be the last one.
    Really disappointed that Netflix and Marvel aren't continuing the shows. I think they all had good moments and even S2 of Iron Fist was good. (Once "The Hand" were no longer the main villains of the Marvel/Netflix Universe things picked up)

Titans isn't a Netflix show. It's shown on Netflix in the UK and internationally but it's actually a DC/WBTV produced show for the DC streaming service in the US.
    I was pleasantly surprised with Titans. Strange that the most adult of the Berlanti DC shows is actually about teens/YA
    Looking forward to Dick becoming Nightwing in S2

• i have quit.  its rubbish compared with first series
    I got three episode in and am not going to bother. I'm not feeling this one at all.  
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Not as good as the first series but still pretty reasonable
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    edited January 2019
    It picks up towards the end, but not a patch on the first series.  Are there no other bad guys in this ‘universe’..?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Just finished season 2. Not as good as the first, but was OK.

However,  Jon Bernthal's 'angry punisher' voice is just ridiculous.

"Hnggrghgrrgr grrgrahhgarggr RUUUSSSSSOOOOOOOOI!!!!"