Nacho Guitars

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
edited January 2019 in Guitar
Anyone heard of these? 

I always loved Julian Lage Telecaster that he has been using for a while. I genuinely thought it was a vintage fender but recently found out that Nacho Guitars built it for him.

http://www.nachoguitars.com/pressvideos/
https://www.instagram.com/jlage/

I'm not to sure on cost for one of these. But they look on par with Dancasters.

I think Julian did tour with a Danocaster previously so looks likes he has taken more to this one. 

There are a lot of companies that relic guitars and all the UK companies on here look amazing but to get a guitar to look, play and feel like a real vintage tele must be hard?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    edited January 2019

• dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    If you have a thing for Blackguard teles you really owe it to yourself to get a copy of Nacho's book.......out of print now I think but they pop up on eBay quite regularly. He's photographed and handled quite a few vintage teles at this point so I would be optimistic he at least knows what he's trying to recreate with his guitars?
  • just had a quick look, the book sells for £280 - £320!!
  • its a lot of money! but at least you will get something close back. You can even get a full refund after 48 hours with guitar if your not happy with it
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2208
    Out of curiosity, how do you tell if a relic'd guitar has been damaged in that 48 hours?

Also, if you have increase the relic'dness of it, by accidentally dropping it on the gravel in the driveway to your home for instance, might it also add value, so you would get a bigger credit when returning said instrument than what you had paid?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    just had a quick look, the book sells for £280 - £320!!
    The book is about £150. Email Nacho and he’ll post a signed copy. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    In terms of the guitars, I’d love to try one. I’ve not seen a review that is anything other than glowing. Nacho knows everything about blackguard teles- just read his book. Even the necks that musikraft make based on his measurements are miles more vintage feeling than custom shop guitars. I’d imagine his guitars are seriously special. They’re expensive, but compared to a Dale Wilson relic? 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Lage had the Danocaster first then bought a '54 refin Blackguard from Fiesta Finishes, he toured with that for a short while before the Nachocaster arrived. Both that and the Danocaster have Ron Ellis pickups. 
    Nacho Banos is a Tele authority and underground legend. Nice guy, really really knows his stuff. I've played one, and it was pretty amazing especially to look at as well as to play. Saw one used for 3500 Euro last month, it sold in a day. There's one on Reverb now for over £5k.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    Nacho is a fantastic guy, very very accommodating when I spoke to him. I also have the book and it’s a joy to own it. I regularly pick it up for inspiration. The photographic detail is a work of art.

His guitar are worth every penny of the asking price when you consider the price matched competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adey said:
    Out of curiosity, how do you tell if a relic'd guitar has been damaged in that 48 hours?

Also, if you have increase the relic'dness of it, by accidentally dropping it on the gravel in the driveway to your home for instance, might it also add value, so you would get a bigger credit when returning said instrument than what you had paid?
    Take a look at his website. He has some guitars for sale. Very extensive pictures. http://www.nachoguitars.com/my-product/1952-blackguard-3752/

Inside all cavities too. 

The guitar goes out as a piece of art, it may look messy but if you add in more colours it will lose value. I guess the artist had a vision. you can't really mess with that 
    tFB Trader
    Nacho only releases about a dozen guitars every few months. There’s no shortage of punters although he has said he won’t continue building for much longer. 

The attention to detail is above and beyond anything the custom shop at fender would ever be able to do. The guys at the CS have got a certain amount of time to churn their work out, Nacho can do what he wants. 

dean111music said:
    Anyone heard of these? 

I always loved Julian Lage Telecaster that he has been using for a while. I genuinely thought it was a vintage fender but recently found out that Nacho Guitars built it for him.

I think Julian did tour with a Danocaster previously so looks likes he has taken more to this one. 

There are a lot of companies that relic guitars and all the UK companies on here look amazing but to get a guitar to look, play and feel like a real vintage tele must be hard?

A donacaster wouldn’t come close in terms of historical accuracy compared with nachos work although both are lovely looking instruments in their own rights.
  • lonestar said:
    Nacho only releases about a dozen guitars every few months. There’s no shortage of punters although he has said he won’t continue building for much longer. 

The attention to detail is above and beyond anything the custom shop at fender would ever be able to do. The guys at the CS have got a certain amount of time to churn their work out, Nacho can do what he wants. 

dean111music said:
    Anyone heard of these? 

A donacaster wouldn’t come close in terms of historical accuracy compared with nachos work although both are lovely looking instruments in their own rights.
    thanks!

So he builds blackguards as close to original. vintage frets and vintage frets, baseball bat neck etc?

• how come he won't be building for much longer? 

Would that mean guitars would then be more valuable?
    tFB Trader
    how come he won't be building for much longer? 

Would that mean guitars would then be more valuable?
    He seemed to originally concentrate on blackguards but you’ll notice that he also does strats and variants of teles with varying specs. He’s basically hinted that he won’t be continuing to build because of the time it takes. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    The cheapest sounding guitar you can buy, where a £100 one can sound the same as a £6000.

Ahh, the Telecaster...Pure shit.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    /\ hope not cos I am thinking of buying a Nacho 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited January 2019
    -
    tFB Trader
    mgaw said: