Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    Wee change up for 2019. Most of this setup, minus The Dane has been my longest serving for a good while..

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/6C5A8F2D-B19D-4F5B-81E0-93ED66353CAD.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/81DC1999-2CB0-4F4D-ACB2-50629614DAF7.jpg

I obviously could have left the Veteran on the board, but the Peacekeeper gives me a tad more flexibility with the EQ after losing the SD-2, and the Mini Bone is just so much fun I thought I’d give it a few gigs

How are you finding the Helix Stomp mixed with real pedals mate ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 499

Tweeked a little, Wah still off board.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Wee change up for 2019. Most of this setup, minus The Dane has been my longest serving for a good while..

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/6C5A8F2D-B19D-4F5B-81E0-93ED66353CAD.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/81DC1999-2CB0-4F4D-ACB2-50629614DAF7.jpg

I obviously could have left the Veteran on the board, but the Peacekeeper gives me a tad more flexibility with the EQ after losing the SD-2, and the Mini Bone is just so much fun I thought I’d give it a few gigs

How are you finding the Helix Stomp mixed with real pedals mate ?
    The way I have it set up at the moment doesn’t have them interacting too much. I don’t have an FRFR speaker, so mainly using the stomp in my FX loop of my Marshall and Badcat, whichever one I’m using. The DD500 is in the stomp’s FX loop though so that I can have that either before or after other blocks.

I do have a couple of patches set up where I’m using amp/cab models, but I’ve only been using these with the built in overdrives and fx blocks. Now that I’ve added it to the board, I’ll be able to experiment it’s hitting the Stomp with the piper pedals and see how it gets on
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
    edited January 2019
    Latest PB layout. Hx Stomp working it's way in with Echoplex in loop in stereo. The Dimension C is an original I got it when they first came out sometime in the 80's and it;s been on my boards ever since, although I may replace (retire her) with a Waza at some stage to get the full stereo effect in the FX loop of the HX. The OX fuzz sadly gets hardly any use atm, which is a shame as it's fantastic pedal, so this will probably soon reluctantly be in the listings soon.

Need to make way for a Morningstar!

https://i.imgur.com/XWpktgs.jpg
  • Here's my re-do with an ES-5 (which is fantastic)

No photo description available

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    HoraceB said:
    Latest PB layout. Hx Stomp working it's way in with Echoplex in loop in stereo. The Dimension C is an original I got it when they first came out sometime in the 80's and it;s been on my boards ever since, although I may replace (retire her) with a Waza at some stage to get the full stereo effect in the FX loop of the HX. The OX fuzz sadly gets hardly any use atm, which is a shame as it's fantastic pedal, so this will probably soon reluctantly be in the listings soon.

Need to make way for a Morningstar!

How are you powering your HX Stomp, does it mean an extra plug?

….and how do you like the delays compared to the MXR?
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
    edited January 2019
    @menamestom I'm using the supplied Line 6 adapter and yes I'm using an extra plug, tbh I have not got round to using anything else yet as most of my time has been figuring out the pedal but I have a decibel 11 which I have just checked and it says that it can run Line 6 so I should look into that further.  I do prefer the Echoplex to the Stomp Emulation but all my other delay duties are more than catered for which managed to replace my beloved Chrono Delay. Basic delay duties I tend to use the Legacy Digital. 
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 840
    Have added a Cruiser Deuce in place of the OD3  with a QMx4 doing some switching duties. All this going into a J20 with a Tele most of the time. 
    Loving the Cruiser for a moderate drive - thought it might kick off the EP but that little booster does something special. 
    This board proving very versatile with my band covering Blur, Biffy, Bowie ... and ‘Blorence and the Machine'. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • These are awesome guys. I am happy to see how perfectly you managed them. I am also going to reset my pedal board. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    edited February 2019
    Here's my latest. Sold an OC-3 and an RV-5 and replaced them with the two (!) Fender Marine Layer reverbs which sound stunning together. Just finished adding velcro and they're all set to go. Considering getting a small case/board for the two stragglers (Fuzz and Data Corrupter) but that would probably just encourage me to buy more pedals. 

I've got the Digidelay between the two reverbs on a long tape delay so I can make really nice ambient pads, especially using the 'dry kill' switches on the reverbs. I'm a big fan of the H2O V3 as well - currently set to a vibrato that gives a nice 'warped record' effect. The 'analog' delay on it is really nice too. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/2aYVONQ
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    mattdavis said:
    Have added a Cruiser Deuce in place of the OD3  with a QMx4 doing some switching duties. All this going into a J20 with a Tele most of the time. 
    Loving the Cruiser for a moderate drive - thought it might kick off the EP but that little booster does something special. 
    This board proving very versatile with my band covering Blur, Biffy, Bowie ... and ‘Blorence and the Machine'. 

This was similar to mine... I’ve gone DD-2 rather than DD-3 and swapped the Cruiser for a Hudson Broadcast dual footswitch. Analogman Chorus is the same... looks ace =)
    My latest.... King Tone Duellist > Hudson Broadcast >Palmer Solid Metal >Analogman Chorus >Boss>DD-2....... Reverb now being provided by my amp so the Flint has gone, so just missing a Tremolo.... :)

https://i.imgur.com/aj9RCIJ.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said:
    mattdavis said:

This was similar to mine... I’ve gone DD-2 rather than DD-3 and swapped the Cruiser for a Hudson Broadcast dual footswitch. Analogman Chorus is the same... looks ace =)
    Cheers matey. It’s your old DS1 I believe :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2019
    My anniversary DS1... well remembered... I think I had your RYRA? You have great taste mate.... if you like the Cruiser, you’ll love the Broadcast 
  • Marktigere1Marktigere1 Frets: 101
    edited February 2019
    Time to put me board up.

New Pedal Train has tidied things up.

The FS6 controls Tap tempo on the DD7 and switches mode on the DS2. Expression pedal on the left is the DM2W delay rate and on the right is my trusty 1989 Dunlop Wah.

It sounds amazing and if anyone tells you a collection of Boss pedals suck tone then I must be doing something wrong because this little lot does not.

Apologies to the boutique brigade but its a genuine Boss love in this

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671
    edited February 2019

I've stitched together four pictures so the pedals can be seen more clearly, but wobbled the image just a little in case they could be seen too clearly

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicspedalsfeb2019jpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    After several years of using a Mooer ElecLady flanger I had to give in and go back to the real thing. Took a bit of manoeuvring and swearing to get it on there mind!

I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but I've had issues with some of the Mooer pedals - the phaser and flanger in particular. When using them in a loop I found that they would either be very quiet or else cause other pedals to be cancelled out like there was some sort of phase cancellation. Hence the return to BIG MXR and EH originals!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 376
    @dogload This might be of interest to you:

https://www.retro-sonic.com/flanger

• breadfan said:

Wow, it's of interest to me too...any reviews around to report on how close it gets to the original? Thanks for the link!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 376
    breadfan said:

Wow, it's of interest to me too...any reviews around to report on how close it gets to the original? Thanks for the link!
    It looks promising, doesn't it!? It doesn't appear to have been released yet - I came across a thread on The Gear Page about it a few months ago. The update in the description states that the enclosures arrived three weeks ago, so you would think it can't be that far off. I'm also looking forward to some clips & early reviews.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom