Recommendations for metronome?

zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Hi all, I'm thinking about getting a metronome to help with my timing and wondered what recommendations you have please? I don't want anything that requires a computer just a simple adjustable thingamabob will do. There are various models on eBay at different prices but I'm unsure what is accurate and reliable so any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Korg MA 30 its not the loudest . Has earphone socket and is slim and small.(about the size of a pack of cards boxed.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    +1 for the Korg MA-30. It's very good, and simple. I got one for my kids when they were learning instruments, but they never use it now they've got apps on their phones - I was going to sell it but it's only worth about a tenner and I couldn't decide if I could be bothered to or if I might want it one day. If you want it, PM me and it might prod me into doing something!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• My Korg TM-40 (now discontinued) has a metronome I used to use alot. Its now the TM-50 but has the same function. Now I use the pro metronome app on my phone. I like how you can change the subdivisions and time signature as well as accenting different beats of the bar.
  • Korg MA-30 is fine if you want portable, but as already stated it's not very loud. I've got a Beyer traditional metronome and it is seriously loud and requires no computer interface : >
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Thank you for the replies and advice but I've gone for the wood fronted Korg KDM-3, it has plenty of features and seems easy to use and won't look out of place on my mantelpiece so I won't have to keep putting it away.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/tuners/kdm_3/
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    If you are going to use a hardware metronome then make sure whatever one you buy turns itself off after x minutes of not being used.
    I've spent more than twice that I paid for the unit just on batteries on a Tama metronome because I always forget to turn it off.
    I should throw the bloody thing out.

I now use my phone.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    octatonic said:
    If you are going to use a hardware metronome then make sure whatever one you buy turns itself off after x minutes of not being used.
    I've spent more than twice that I paid for the unit just on batteries on a Tama metronome because I always forget to turn it off.
    I should throw the bloody thing out.

I now use my phone.
    Sound advice thank you, the KDM-3 does indeed have an auto power off after 20 minutes of non use.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11415

Phone app.  There are various free ones.

I do have a Korg one somewhere, but haven't got a clue where.