The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Brilliant! haha. They'll be making Andertons branded profiles sooner than you can say "snake oil".
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    edited January 2019
    FarleyUK said:
    Just emailed Andertons and Dawsons, on the off-chance they'd be open to the idea (for a fee). If you don't ask, you don't get...!
    Don't Andertons work the The Amp Factory? Good idea though.

We could always just all buy an amp from Gear4Music and return it the next day. I don't have any amps either

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a babyface pro interface which is portable and really is really good. I also have a macbook pro we could use. Just need mic's - as well as the amps and cabs!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    I think that you lot are bonkers !!!

There are some awesome profiles out there... Brian Clare, TOne Junkie etc
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    I think that you lot are bonkers !!!

There are some awesome profiles out there... Brian Clare, TOne Junkie etc
    Totally agree, some great profiles out there, sometimes I wonder if its the Amplification side that is colouring the Profile more than the Profile itself iyswim
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3466
    edited January 2019
    Haha, you're not wrong there guys. Fact is though, it's a constant battle of seemingly flying through hundreds of profiles, or only a few even, only to find that the only profile of one of your favourite distortion boxes is profiled with a really bassy and shit sounding profile.

Try finding a good profile with a Big Muff. Or try finding a profile of a Tube Driver or TD clone through a Laney Lionheart...it's niche, yes, but I've yet to find a profile that sounds like what I used to have with my old pedals.  I spent 10 years+ crafting my perfect pedalboard and amp setup and sold it for various good reasons, and went digital. Ultimately, digital is way more versatile manageable and friendlier, but that's not to say I don't miss the tones I used to get with my old gear.

This is why we're talking such nonsense. :-)

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    I do have a Kemper Profiler DI Box, brand new unused if anyone wants one ;)

• I am okay at recording but a Kemper profile is a different animal - real pain...the profiles out there cover basically every amp with a better result that most mortals are going to be able to coax without spending loads of time and money.
  • That's what worries me. I tried profiling over the weekend and it ain't easy!

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    I am okay at recording but a Kemper profile is a different animal - real pain...the profiles out there cover basically every amp with a better result that most mortals are going to be able to coax without spending loads of time and money.
    Some of the commercial ones aren't that great. I bought the Amp Factory Lazy J pack, and the J20 in that pack didn't have a Blue in.  It had a 15" speaker of some kind.  I got something better with just an SM57 straight into the Kemper without any preamps.

Having said that, I recently got some Brian Carl Lazy J profiles and they are very good.

There are a couple of Amp Factory profiles I like, but overall the Michael Britt and Brian Carl ones seem to be better.  I've not really tried many of the Tone Junkie ones but they do have a good reputation.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    I thought the top commercial profilers dialed in the sweet spots for each amp?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    Another video from NAMM, CK says there should also be a powered Kemper Kab, they demo some more of the editor and also talk about extra reverb effects not in the current beta :) 

https://youtu.be/qoCI3bEoNKI 
  • Totally agree - some are rubbish or need tweaking but overall vastly better than the majority of us can achieve. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    PVO_Dave said:
    Another video from NAMM, CK says there should also be a powered Kemper Kab, they demo some more of the editor and also talk about extra reverb effects not in the current beta :) 

https://youtu.be/qoCI3bEoNKI 
    Man the editor looks amazing, they really look to have knocked it out of the park

(Ps, they did a real shite job of cutting that question out liked he asked....typical namm folk, desperate for uploads)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    I'd love someone to profile a Gower modded JCM800.....
  • Haha, I thought the same. Bit sucky, that.

• My one profile wish would be a proper Gilmour fest, Big Muff, Tube Driver, Hiwatt. Done.

The shite that's about for that has been absolutely dire.

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    My one profile wish would be a proper Gilmour fest, Big Muff, Tube Driver, Hiwatt. Done.

You can profile every minute detail and it won’t sound like Gilmour, sad but true 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    My one profile wish would be a proper Gilmour fest, Big Muff, Tube Driver, Hiwatt. Done.

You can profile every minute detail and it won’t sound like Gilmour, sad but true 
    Absolutely. I don't want it to. But I would like to have a profile of the pedals and amp he uses so I can enjoy the way they sound with that amp :-)

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    sweepy said:

Absolutely. I don't want it to. But I would like to have a profile of the pedals and amp he uses so I can enjoy the way they sound with that amp :-)
    Someone has done a profile of the Gimour Hiwatt.  Might be the Amp Factory.