Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

You're a good bunch

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
I've got a few issues at the moment (haven't I always !) - a 10mm polyp in my gallbladder and some pain in my lower right bowel.  I'm on a waiting list to get the gallbladder removed.  Apparently, polyps over 10mm are more likely to be cancerous or to turn cancerous over time.  I've had a pain in my appendix area (lower right bowel) for several years.  I saw the GP about it in 2013 (I think) and he dismissed it.  It's been getting a bit worse these past few months and I mentioned it to the consultant when I saw him yesterday regarding my gallbladder.  He poked me about a bit and found a spot that made me yelp.  He's now sending me for a CT scan.

Those of you who know me of old will know I'm a bugger for health anxiety and automatically assume the worst case scenario.  I just searched the forum for 'health anxiety' and came across my threads from 2015 when I basically had a meltdown.  I'd forgotten how bad I was until I re-read it.

I'd also forgotten what a good bunch of guys you are and how you all came to my aid with advice and offers of phone numbers and PMs etc and I just wanted to say how much it was appreciated.  Thank you.

I do love this place :heart: 

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Bore OFF
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    All the best, doesn't everyone think the worst? It's a weird part of human nature 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Disappointed with lack of outrage 4/10

;)
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    Wishing you all the best, you’re most peoples’ oldest forum friend on here! Cheers!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, The health stuff can be scary. I thought my number was up 14 years ago when my youngest kid was born. I thought she would never know me when I was rushed to hospital with heart attack symptoms. I hope all goes well
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    What... oldest as in 'known me for the longest time' or oldest as in 'the oldest bastard on the forum' ?? :lol: 
  • Hiya mate,

I had my Gallbladder removed a few years ago. Ill tell you what really helped before and after the OP....

Apple Cider vinegar with mother root in it... one teaspoon a day. Really really helped
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    I've also got 'twitchy eyelid' - two bloody days now.  Grrrrr !!!  OUTRAGE !!!!!  (Better ?)
  • Without any outrage I don't think you can believe this  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    I'm staggered you have the Gall...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I've had a pain in my appendix area (lower right bowel) for several years.  I saw the GP about it in 2013 (I think) and he dismissed it. 

It's amazing how relaxed doctors can be about other people's health.  Hope you get the all clear.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I've got you on ignore.

Seriously, don't leave us.
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    Emp_Fab said:
    What... oldest as in 'known me for the longest time' or oldest as in 'the oldest bastard on the forum' ?? :lol: 
    Not saying!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Hope all goes well for you, it's only natural to think the worst, the main thing is you'll be in good hands.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1747
    edited February 2019
    U ok hun?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    edited February 2019
    The media tries to keep us scared, worried about muggers, foreigners, people who voted differeny to you in Brexit....

its been my personal experience that ‘most’ people are really quite lovely. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
    Anyway, about that Liam Neeson fella....
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • I've always found complete denial and avoidance of all medical professionals to be the best tactic.

If nobody diagnoses you it isn't real. 

This may not be the most sound advice you've ever had...but I wish you all the best. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    edited February 2019
    @Emp_Fab ;;
    You are a character, the world needs characters, full stop. All the best to you mate.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I've always found complete denial and avoidance of all medical professionals to be the best tactic.

If nobody diagnoses you it isn't real. 

This may not be the most sound advice you've ever had...but I wish you all the best. 
    Well that is basically what I did until 2 days ago, where I ended up in the emergency department on an IV drip loaded up with drugs.
    Earlier in the week I made the trip from Singapore to Tasmania to see mum (which was 3 flights in under 24 hours) and I ended up dehydrated and exhausted whilst rushing about trying to organise nursing homes for mum

Rather than take care of myself I pushed through it until I couldn't- got myself to the emergency department last night about 11pm and then had an 8 hour stay in the emergency department until they could rehydrate me.

If I'd taken care of myself and taken it easy I'd not have wasted the time of 3 nurses and a doctor, avoided a lot of stress and hassle and be able to continue helping my mum, rather than sitting on the sofa with rehydration solution like I am now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom