What does the Fender Acoustasonic sound like with Electric Guitar Strings?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2370
    The telecoustic and stratacoustic were bad enough, what led them to think this will sell? Hideous  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    Lebarque said:
    To all those not liking Chappers' hat, I'll have you know that it's an essential part of his new American image, as per his latest single. He's now the new ZZ Top don't you know.
     I have noticed that the 'marketing' department seem to have changed him to get into the American country/blues market. 

Definitely. And I'd expect the same marketing department to push for the Chapman guitars brand to move away from Goth to mainstream Americana. Think those Guitar Center special run semi-hollow teles were the start of that.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2304
    I quite liked the sounds they got out of it in the Pete Honore/Lee video when it had acoustic strings on it, and the looks have grown on me. I'm sure the tech is expensive and clever as well but... it's just too much for a guitar that in this country, largely lacking a country scene, will probably just be a fun gimmick for most guitarists. I could imagine if I only played Americana it being a useful guitar though.
    Tim
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71955
    Sarge said:
    The telecoustic and stratacoustic were bad enough, what led them to think this will sell? Hideous  
    Be fair - those were based on a cut-down Ovation-style design where appearance was probably the most important factor and they just bolted in the cheapest off-the-shelf Fishman pickup system at the time. I'm actually surprised they put the Fender name on them, they would have been much more appropriate as Squiers.

I still don't like the new one, but at least it's a more properly developed concept. I agree that they probably won't sell well though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    I’m not a fan of these at all. 
  • I got sent this thread by Google, which has obviously figured out I consider the Acoustasonics possibly the ugliest guitars of all time.

It's that awful 'Fablon on a block of wood' look the bodies have.

In my view, an Ibanez Talman acoustic electric does exactly the same job, plays as well, looks ten times better and costs a quarter of the price...