Comments

• Lovely stuff. Always a fan of black & double-bound
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2274
    bwets said:
    rze99 said:
    bwets said:
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on it?
    About £660 all told.  Not cheap, but then far less than a new bog standard MIM these days. And this is unique to my exact specifications so I'm being my own cheap Custom Shop.  

I spend a while on-line sourcing pre-owned parts wherever possible to minimise the costs while keeping the standard as high as possible. I also had some bits in my parts drawer.  I just use the dining room table as my workshop when I've got free evenings. 

Not using pre-owned parts sends the price of way up for nice quality stuff. Sites like this dear one keep the costs down. @rexter did me a bit of a deal on the neck because I'd ordered bodies from him.

Thank you. That's less than I thought.

It's one of those things that's tempting to do but I had no idea how much it would all cost.

Anyway, enjoy!
    It's a fair investment of time and care... also you need to have some decent tools including soldering iron but files etc., so there's all that if you're starting out building it helps if you've been doing your own setups.  I still get techs to do my frets.  This one didn't need Fret work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom