Tokai Cat's Eyes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    I have the CE65, lovely guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Be careful there are a few Chinese Tokai hummingbird (not like the gibbo hummingbird) guitars from the late 90s early 2000s around. They have a tokai lable with japan printed on them.....the one I had, had made in China on the back of the headstock and Japan on the lable! 

They are pretty ropey guitars up close, but look ok when not in close view. They are clearly cheaper finishes, unlike the Japanese versions. They will have HB on the lable. They are truly shite.
  • Does the CE1000 really have an Ebony neck? That must be so heavy! 
  • Does the CE1000 really have an Ebony neck? That must be so heavy! 
    Yep they are ebony. Quite rare guitars. Meant to sound very good.
  • Bringing this back from the dead - which models have small bodies? Interested in Japanese guitars, and it would be nice to have an acoustic in my collection but don't really like huge-bodied acoustics.
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 212
    There used to be a website about these Cat’s Eyes acoustics but it’s now gone. Sadly there is very few information to be found apart from some catalogs. 

You might try your luck on the Tokaiforum.com or the Facebook groups... I only have an excerpt of a catalog about their dreadnought models when I was looking up specs on their ‘70/‘80s output. Still have Steve-O’s CE600, a lovely mid level D18 model (I think).