Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show 2019 - 23rd - 24th February, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot

Comments

• i'm thinking of driving over tomorrow, got a few bob burning a hole! never been before, is it worth it? 2 hrs away for me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very much enjoyed it today.. just couldn't afford the stuff Iiked the look of. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    adampeter said:
    i'm thinking of driving over tomorrow, got a few bob burning a hole! never been before, is it worth it? 2 hrs away for me
    Depends what you are looking for...seems more Indies there this time round I thought...EBMM had a good tent thing with wireless cans to hear their demos, that was cool, sadly the regular " crank it up now" times makes for an amp loudness war which seems largely uncontrolled and a little frustrating...from what I could see the quiet times were more welcome than the loud times.

Some cool Irig stuff on demo, some nice Revstars from Yamaha, the usual PRS bling.

3 - 4 hours was enough for me this time...but Ill probably go next year as its local ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I enjoyed it as always. Lots of stalls. Great live demos. Great curry. Friendly atmosphere.
    Tone of the day for me was the Rift Aynsley Lister demo.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    spark240 said:
    adampeter said:
    i'm thinking of driving over tomorrow, got a few bob burning a hole! never been before, is it worth it? 2 hrs away for me
    Depends what you are looking for...seems more Indies there this time round I thought...EBMM had a good tent thing with wireless cans to hear their demos, that was cool, sadly the regular " crank it up now" times makes for an amp loudness war which seems largely uncontrolled and a little frustrating...from what I could see the quiet times were more welcome than the loud times.

Some cool Irig stuff on demo, some nice Revstars from Yamaha, the usual PRS bling.

3 - 4 hours was enough for me this time...but Ill probably go next year as its local ;-)

It’s not uncontrolled, we constantly try to police it, unfortunately people don’t play by the rules, it’s as frustrating for me as anyone else, I tell them to turn down, they do, I leave and it goes back up. I ask everyone to keep Amps  off the floor, stop pointless widdling, respect their neighbours etc. The issue is constantly caused by over excited visitors and exhibitors alike. More quiet times next year 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    tFB Trader
    prowla said:
    Well, I went today; the car parking was nowhere near adequate for the venue (I expect I'm not the first person to make that observation), so I ended up parking about half a mile away.

The show was pretty good, but in faffing around looking for parking I forgot to take my earplugs, so I bought a pair off a stand; the darned things were difficult to get out at the end of the noisy periods. I have to say that all of the exhibitors were really good at responding to the klaxon and observing the changeover from noisy to quiet.

As for the show and stuff itself, Rotosound forgot to take any bass strings, I bought a multi-pack of Dunlop purple plecs, and I got a lanyard off the Markbass stand.

I did get a demo of the new Boss reactive load amp and it looks like it does what it says on the tin; it's going to be priced around £1150, so it's not cheap, but it might revolutionise guitar recording.

At 2 hours drive each way, I wouldn't call it my most successful day out, but I had a rack of ribs at TGI's on the way home, so it wasn't entirely wasted.
    You’re not the first and certainly won’t be the last, I know what it is, but moving means NEC parking which is £16 and a half mile walk, at least this way it’s free with a half mile walk.

Plus nec means £25 to get in, curry and chips being £15 not £4. You cant have Waitrose on Aldi money. If I move I lose what I do have and gain a whole lot more pain. 

Its the the biggest show in the UK and is affordable to all, the trade love it, most visitors love it, the venue love it and I love it. Not bad for £12.50 in advance and a 10 minute walk

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Gadget said:
    I enjoyed it as always. Lots of stalls. Great live demos. Great curry. Friendly atmosphere.
    Tone of the day for me was the Rift Aynsley Lister demo.
    Thank you 
    tFB Trader

Very much enjoyed it today.. just couldn't afford the stuff Iiked the look of. 
    This is the problem, way too much gear I would love to own. Still not a bad problem :)
    tFB Trader

CarpeDiem said:
    Great show @Jason and the best one I've been to of the New Bingley Hall shows. Really good mix of stands, and enjoyed the Live Stage (those attending on Sunday should enjoy Ron Thal who is a really nice guy as well as a great and entertaining player) plus the one Focusrite session I saw. It might help the Sunday attendees if there was a sign for some overflow parking at the rear of the venue plus additional tables/chairs in the marquee.
    Cheers, I’ll see what I can do tomorrow 
    tFB Trader
    Just watched Bumblefoot and now found somewhere to sit down for five minutes. 
    Such an enjoyable set, not very busy in the marquee. Anyone coming Sunday catching him is a must do - learn about string lengths and dentistry! 
    Mick Taylor of TPS lurking backstage, Chris from the Guitar magazine, Bradders and Neville Marten also spotted. Chris Buck has his set in a bit and has been around ( jamming with Aynsley Lister earlier). Aynsley's guitar tone was amazing, I presume it was @RiftAmps although I missed most of the set and the explanations. 
    Right, I shall carry on spreading my germs around the hall...

Ooh Aziz Ibrahim by PRS. 
    At one point I had Paul Sayer leaving as Ryan Roxie and Bumblefoot arriving with Aziz outside my office, slightly surreal but bloody amazing at the same time. 

On an aside Olvertheweary has been brilliant, so thank you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    We left Liverpool at 9 am and got there at 11:30am, we parked out front in the car park no problem.
    Had an amazing day with old friends, made some new ones, got some Autographs, saw some stunning live music, had nice food, got a beer for Audrey and went home with a sore jaw from smiling so much and a new pedal.

Left at 3:00pm and got back to Liverpool at 5:30pm.

Tickets for 2 adults and our 10 year old niece - £40 on the door.
    Petrol round trip - £25.
    Costa Coffee at Stafford - £10 !!! TEN BASTARD QUID !!!

For £75 that was a brilliant family day out and proper quality time with people I rarely ever see face to face.

Best day out in ages and blazing sunshine to enjoy it with.
    Staying in a Hotel again next year and making a weekend of it.

Thanks Jason, that was awesome.
    tFB Trader
    Alnico said:
    We left Liverpool at 9 am and got there at 11:30am, we parked out front in the car park no problem.
    Had an amazing day with old friends, made some new ones, got some Autographs, saw some stunning live music, had nice food, got a beer for Audrey and went home with a sore jaw from smiling so much and a new pedal.

Petrol round trip - £25.

For £75 that was a brilliant family day out and proper quality time with people I rarely ever see face to face.

Cheers, I’m so organised this year I sorted the weather too :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi guys. fairly unknown, but me and a few guitarist friends will be there tomorrow. We're all blind, so if you see a group of blind musicians flitting about, come say hi.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14182
    tFB Trader
    Alnico said:

Petrol round trip - £25.

It was good to see you again - albeit to briefly  - Good to see thinks a looking up etc - Keep you head up and keep smiling - speak soon
  • This might seem a silly question but should i take cash if im shopping?, or do all stalls take card payment?
    tFB Trader
    adampeter said:
    This might seem a silly question but should i take cash if im shopping?, or do all stalls take card payment?
    Pretty much all take cards
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    edited February 2019
    Jason said:
    adampeter said:
    This might seem a silly question but should i take cash if im shopping?, or do all stalls take card payment?
    Pretty much all take cards
    Fantastic!!, i'm going shopping  =)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Fantastic show, Jason. Better than last year. Many thanks.

Was a pleasure to help out again this year.

I got to catch up with a great group of people. You know who you are. Unfortunately, I missed everything on the live stage :s and was oblivious to the celebs  :o
  • Enjoyed the show, plenty to see. However it was just too load for any meaningful amp demos, I guess that was to be expected and probably naive on my part not to see it coming, but still a little disappointing as that is why I went along. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Enjoyed the show, plenty to see. However it was just too load for any meaningful amp demos, I guess that was to be expected and probably naive on my part not to see it coming, but still a little disappointing as that is why I went along. 
    Would the answer be to put ALL the amps upstairs, and have an acoustic-only main hall?  ;)