Jammed with some old friends - good to be alive

What's Hot
Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
edited March 2019 in Live
Last night I went to a pub in South Harrow on the way home from work - the latest home for a monthly jam night that usually dies on its arse around September.  The reason IMHO is because the same people have played (badly) the same songs for the last 25 years.  I know, because I've been going on and off over the years and have seen them.  Although there have been some amazing moments. 

Still, I got to play a couple of (old) songs at the end with some guy I was in a band with 25 years ago and we were both buzzing afterwards.  Strange thing this morning was, although it was a late night and hard to get out of bed, I was still buzzing on the way to work like I used to.  We were young and indestructible then - these days I appreciate the gear I have, the life experiences and the people I've played with over the years...  some of them are no longer around. 

Highlight for me was Don't Believe A Word, where we all hit the (Live & Dangerous?) ending together. Look forward to the next one in 2 weeks.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited March 2019
    ...one of my playing goals for the year is to get the house band to learn some new songs.  Let's see how that goes.  3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kudos.. it's a good feeling when it all just works..

I've done two gigs recently without meeting members of either band let alone a rehearsal.. it makes you buzz.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Nice.  Surely you did When September Ends?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    About 2-3 times a year what I used to regard as the old guard (people that were in bands from the 60s) have a public jam and raise money for cancer. There are getting to be fewer of them that are alive or physically able to get there, but the atmosphere is wonderful and the talent very obvious. Us younger lads join in of course and for me the buzz of playing with those that were my local idols when I started gigging in 1977 is fantastic and again stays with me into the next couple of days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited March 2019
    I've recently learned who some of the "old farts" at the local jam I've been going to for years have been.  Explains why they were the talented ones.

Our first gig was a support slot for somebody's dad.  A much better guitarist than any of us but I didn't realise band's bass player was "co-founding member of Deep Purple" Nick Simper.

Apart from Jules Fothergill, two other guys have died in the last few years.  One who used to play sax was in the Glitter Band and house drummer Mac Poole allegedly turned down Led Zeppelin

munckee said:
    Nice.  Surely you did When September Ends?
    Lol, no.  Tried to do Basket Case, but they didn't know it, FFS.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Good lad, more power to the Grey Wolves !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback