Feline Guitars Lion Cub HH (The Paul)

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
edited September 2021 in Guitar tFB Trader
Here is a guitar that has been in the works for a while.
It was an attempt for me to cram a flying V into a Lion Cub format - even down to the control layout

I've used some Suhr Aldrich pickups and a pair of Anomoly mounting rings 
As always it has our all access neck joint , and I added a nice tummy cut contour on the rear

The Lake Placid Blue paint finish has an almost Pelham blue vibe

The arm bevel makes for a very comfy playing experience
Earvana nut and tonepros bridge and tailpiece studs, with a lightweight aluminium tailpiece

Some Luminlay glow in the dark inlays on the side of the neck

All access neck joint and tummy cut

My ongoing love affair with Graphtech's Ratio tuners is in evidence here again - different turning ratio for each string makes for easier tuning too

Seen here with my favourite Lion Cub Singlecut (which The Guitar Magazine reviewed)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Sorry - posted in wrong section 

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    Very cool.

Is it for stock or a commission?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22712
    I liked the look of this one when you posted build pictures, never crossed my mind it would end up in a solid colour.

That really is very appealing.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Awesome! How much would one of these be? 
    tFB Trader
    CHrisP86 said:
    Awesome! How much would one of these be? 

£2700 with a metallic paint finish as shown

Very cool.

Is it for stock or a commission?
    I made it to my own tastes but it's for sale . If it doesn't sell quickly I'll have fun playing it :)

• Very nice. I like the top-carve :) 
    tFB Trader
    Jeez I'm enjoying this guitar :)

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    is that a pattern on the fretboard binding or optical illusion ?
    tFB Trader
    JMP220478 said:
    is that a pattern on the fretboard binding or optical illusion ?
    Yes - the binding is a grained "ivoroid" celluloid nitrate binding

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    This is right up my street, but Black/White/Black or Black/Cream/Black Pickguard needed! 

I have an Les Paul Custom without a Pickguard and it irks me :'( - Why do people lose them, why?
    tFB Trader
    Been playing this guitar non stop now for 6 months - very much my go-to guitar for late night sat on the couch playing

edited September 2021 tFB Trader
    I forgot to share the second one of these that we built for a customer 
    We kept it really pared back with just an oil finish - beautiful in it's simplicity
    We chambered the body partly as the client needed a really light guitar to help deal with neck and shoulder injuries
    Guitar clocks in nicely under 7lbs
    Also he liked the fact it would broaden the tone a little, so have a LP Jnr /335 ish aspect to it
    A pair of Oil City Riot Act Alnico 3 (T Top style) humbuckers feature with coil taps in push pull pots on the tones

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Now I'm building a third one for myself in all maple with a rosewood board as I was loving the sound of my neckthrough BC Rich Mockingbird and wanted that same timber recipe
    It has some chambering on this one again with the top being put on as a bookmatched drop-top maple fascia.
    This was done a bit to control weight as the maple was a bit denser than mahogany and because I fancied a drop top which I'm hoping to finish in a Purple burst
    I umm'd and ahh'd about the control layout and decided to go with what you see here as it works surprisingly well for my hands

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Gorgeous guitars, I'll have one one day, tho partly cautious as I'm not a case queen guy and my guitars pick up knocks pretty quick. second hand and well 'played in' is usually better for me.
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    pmbomb said:
    Gorgeous guitars, I'll have one one day, tho partly cautious as I'm not a case queen guy and my guitars pick up knocks pretty quick. second hand and well 'played in' is usually better for me.
    Am exactly the same. I feel better if someone else has that heart dropping "first dent" moment! 
  • Isn't it mandatory to deliberately dent a brand new guitar on day 1 so that you're not worried every day you play it that today might be when you first ding it. :lol: 
  • That's beautiful.. I reckon I could gig one of those out without fearing the dings. Very understated and workmanlike but oozing class and quality. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited September 2021

Isn't it mandatory to deliberately dent a brand new guitar on day 1 so that you're not worried every day you play it that today might be when you first ding it. lol 
    I go further - both my guitars are > 20 years old and came to me sufficiently pre-dinged that my additions are undetectable. My Les Paul came to me with a bout the size of a match-box knocked out the back. Doesn't affect playability one little bit - would make it easy to identify if stolen!