spark240 said:
    Anyone fancy Foo Fighters Hero ?
    Up for anything mate gtr bass vocals
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    spark240 said:
    Anyone fancy Foo Fighters Hero?
    Oi! No representation without taxation. :o

I cannot accept song nominations from anyone who has not paid the event fee.
    Be seeing you.
  • At this stage, there are so few of us, we're getting a set each! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    edited April 2019
    spark240 said:
    Anyone fancy Foo Fighters Hero?
    Oi! No representation without taxation. o

I cannot accept song nominations from anyone who has not paid the event fee.
    Oops !....just remind me where / who we actually send payment to ? 

Song suggestion not to be considered until payment has cleared , thank you.;-) 

Oh....subject to payment being accepted....Im happy to do some Bass if required ....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    edited April 2019

At this stage, there are so few of us, we're getting a set each! 

The performer running order could be determined by drawing lots. No list for me to organise.  3
    Be seeing you.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @spark240 - Paypal payment of £27 to jamsouthwest.tfb@musician.org (please be sure to include your tFB moniker and payment reference of "Bristol" in the notes)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    +1 for Rocks - Primal Scream.

im playing and singing that at the Woking jam in two weeks, happy to play on that again and just play the rhythm bits and might learn a few of the horns bits on guitar.

will think of my suggestions, is there a list/google sheet of what’s proposed so far?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited April 2019
    mrkb said:
    is there a list/google sheet of what’s proposed so far?
    There is a list. It resides in an Excel spreadsheet in my Mac. At present, to look at the spreadsheet for very long risks snow blindness.

I do not subscribe to Google. Therefore, I cannot provide a Google sheet. 
    Be seeing you.
  • @Funkfingers if you PM me I'll be happy to host it / provide screengrabs 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Here's a thought - in addition to nominating songs that we would like to play on, how about we also suggest tracks we would like to hear performed by a 'house' band (in the hope that some make onto the final tracklist)?  

My personal nominations would be:
    Janis Joplin - Move Over (Slade version)
    CSNY - Almost Cut My Hair
    Steve Winwood - Arc Of A Diver 
    Brocco said:
    Steve Winwood - Arc Of A Diver 
    Interesting choice. (It is always nice to get some Vivian Stanshall material aired.)
    Be seeing you.
  • My suggestions of Iron Man and Alive are perhaps a bit ambitious... the arrangements aren’t simple unless your really familiar with them, and I’m not certain I could pull them off with a band. Shall I suggest some more or wait for others? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    My suggestions of Iron Man and Alive are perhaps a bit ambitious... the arrangements aren’t simple unless your really familiar with them, and I’m not certain I could pull them off with a band. Shall I suggest some more or wait for others? 
    Yeah man I'm totally into doing some iron man! Classic. What about ace of spades?? If we're on proto-metal

1979 smashing pumpkins could be fun, that's my vocal range 
    My suggestions of Iron Man and Alive are perhaps a bit ambitious
    Ambitious is good. Better to fail in an attempt to play something tricky than to be timid and, literally, play safe on every song on the list.

Different attendees require different challenges. There must be plenty of Pop and Rock three-chord trick songs that would segue into each other. The transitions between them are ideal opportunities for different contributors to take a solo. 
    Be seeing you.
  • roberty said:
    My suggestions of Iron Man and Alive are perhaps a bit ambitious... the arrangements aren’t simple unless your really familiar with them, and I’m not certain I could pull them off with a band. Shall I suggest some more or wait for others? 
    Yeah man I'm totally into doing some iron man! Classic. What about ace of spades?? If we're on proto-metal

1979 smashing pumpkins could be fun, that's my vocal range 

Ok cool, lets do ironman!

1979’s a good choice, do you tune down to Eb as on the record?

• My suggestions of Iron Man and Alive are perhaps a bit ambitious
    Ambitious is good. Better to fail in an attempt to play something tricky than to be timid and, literally, play safe on every song on the list.

Different attendees require different challenges. There must be plenty of Pop and Rock three-chord trick songs that would segue into each other. The transitions between them are ideal opportunities for different contributors to take a solo. 
    Ok, sounds good. I’ll give em a go if anyone else is up for them. I like your positive attitude! I’ve put myself up for a few now, I‘ll wait to see which ones the curators choose. 
    My attitude is that, if subscribers network with each other at this stage, they should arrive at the event thoroughly prepared. 

The event has to cater for a range of abilities. The degree of difficulty will vary during the day. It would be nice to begin with something impressive. 
    Be seeing you.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    edited April 2019
    My attitude is that, if subscribers network with each other at this stage, they should arrive at the event thoroughly prepared. 

The event has to cater for a range of abilities. The degree of difficulty will vary during the day. It would be nice to begin with something impressive. 
    From experience it’s good to start with something simple, and maybe slightly shambolic, but end with something impressive. That way the newcomers don’t think “ oh shit, everyone’s better than me” before they’ve even played a chord, but go away inspired to get better having felt at ease about their playing.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Something else that we need to consider is the skills workshop that @Alnico has kindly offered to run, how this relates to the final tracklist, running order et al.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited April 2019
    Brocco said:
    Something else that we need to consider is the skills workshop that @Alnico has kindly offered to run, how this relates to the final tracklist, running order et al.
    That's what I was going to discuss with you this weekend.

A loose sketch of it could be that those who want to sit in for the workshop, do so first while those who don't want or need to watch a lesson, go and perform.
    Then when the workshop is finished, those who've sat through it can go and use what they just learned and perform themselves.

That's just a rough idea, I'm happy to work around whatever people want.

I was looking at 1 hour, split into 15 minute "modules" for want of a better word, with an ensemble jam for 20 minutes at the end, using as much of what we've been talking about and explaining as possible.

I *can* make that longer, quite easily in fact but I'm wary of it being "too much" for some.
    At the end of the session if anyone wants to go back over something 1-2-1 or wants to know more about a subject, I'll be free for that too.
    My aim for the day there is to run this workshop and help out across the board.
    Unless needed I won't be performing.