Scayles Music in Edinburgh

What's Hot
Has anyone used their services? Particularly their online and postal service. I was in Edinburgh a few years ago and must have missed seeing this place. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopig said:
    Not used their postal service but I was in last weekend. They are an Edinburgh institution and I'm confident they won't let you down. Very well laid out shop with good stock...
    What he said. I’ve used them loads & always had great service... with RedDog closing they’re virtually the only guitar shop in the centre now. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    Excellent shop. Last of the small independents in Edinburgh now I think... Varsity Music doesn't really count ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited January 2019
    They are within a mile of me, and I'm delighted to have somewhere handy for strings, etc.

The only caveat I'd add is a good one.  They are still mainly an older fashioned retailer, rather than a web vendor imo. So their website is not always bang up to date with what's moved from the shop floor.  A  phone call will clarify.

Highly recommended.
  • barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    Sad to see that George has sold up, in order to take care of his unwell partner. Hope that Hobgoblin can keep the vibe.

https://www.facebook.com/ScaylesMusic
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    That's really sad to see about his wife :(
    A tear-jerker of a post on his facebook there - thanks for sharing!