How to get hold of Kingsley pedals

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16014
Is there somewhere you can buy without waiting lists /stockist retailer or do you have to hunt the Ebay / Reverb pages ?
 Assume it's same as the Analogman scenario where you will get some premium sellers looking for a quick turn profit 
Anybody got one for sale ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• damm73damm73 Frets: 356
    I have a V1 Jouster if that's of any interest?
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    You’ll just have to hunt the used market and pounce when you see one I’m afraid.  

I’d just hop on the list. It’s a long wait but enough time to save up and if anything comes up in the mean time then great. 
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 173
    Waiting list is a year.....this is the mail I got 

Currently the wait for all our pedals is approximately a year.

If you would like to go on the wait list we ask for a Visa or MasterCard and address over the phone, or some people email their info in several emails. 
    Your cc is not charged until just prior to shipping and you can change your mind at any time (no deposit required).
    We will contact you when your turn comes up to re-confirm your order.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions or give us a call or we can call.
    You can call anytime between 8am and 10pm, pacific time, even weekends.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Simon from Kingsley is an excellent fellow and will go out of his way to help, and you'll be supporting a true master of tube pedals.
    order now and the year will pass quickly, I promise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9449
    Dom,

Honestly, they are very good pedals but imho, over engineered and over rated.

TPS launched the whole recent success; up,till them some pedals were always available directly.

Simon is a top man, great to deal with, and very good pedals. Ultimately, you pays your money, but I never found them to be better than other makes.

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    I've had half a dozen Kingsleys. I remember ordering one on a Monday and it arrived here from Simon in Canada on the Friday. No wait list back then.

I don’t agree that they're over-rated. They're fantastic pedals IMHO, like adding a new tube channel to an amp. But I sold them all in the end, and the Origin Revival Drive sounds every bit as good, while doing infinitely more. 

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    If you have space enough on your pedalboard and a 12vdc + power option, you could always try effectrode in the uk. 
    Wazmeister is right that after TPS, Kingsley took off. However I do appreciate just how tidy and beautiful they are internally.
     I haven’t found a tremolo pedal that betters the Bard, which doubles as the boost side on the Jester. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9449
    JohnPerry said:
    I've had half a dozen Kingsleys. I remember ordering one on a Monday and it arrived here from Simon in Canada on the Friday. No wait list back then.

I don’t agree that they're over-rated. They're fantastic pedals IMHO, like adding a new tube channel to an amp. But I sold them all in the end, and the Origin Revival Drive sounds every bit as good, while doing infinitely more. 
    Don't get me wrong, I think that they are very good indeed...

By overrated, I mean that ultimately most people may sell them on because much cheaper equivalents come close to the sound. In the end, sometimes its about choice and the pleasure of ownership.

Cornish are similar; no doubting the quality - but its very expensive real estate on a board.

I did enjoy my Jester, and gigged it for many years ;)
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    I think they're great. But  don't think any single pedal is worth £300 and I've had an absolute bundle of drives In my time. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    I have had these quite a few times, undoubtedly great sounding pedals but I always sell them on...defo worth getting one to try though 
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    @Dominic , just saw a Jester come available on 3bay...
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1340
    As an aside I ordered a Kingsley amp about two years ago... waited six months for it to be completed and was then told when I chased it up it was going to be another 12 months.. cancelled, got my money back and moved on..

Si