Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    @McToot ; do you want lead on Mardy Bum? I might even duck this altogether, so maybe you and @munckee might want to do dueling banjos on it as I know this is a fave of his.
    I've only just managed to get mostly on top of the strum my bits. I'd prefer to stick to those if poss...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    McToot said:
    @McToot ; do you want lead on Mardy Bum? I might even duck this altogether, so maybe you and @munckee might want to do dueling banjos on it as I know this is a fave of his.
    I've only just managed to get mostly on top of the strum my bits. I'd prefer to stick to those if poss...
    I can play intro parts and solo but not strum along when I sing yet. If you two want to strum the chords I will do that. 
    Spoke to water rats. He said fine to set up drums pedal board etc before 12 so @Flanging_Fred @soma1975 if we can meet at say 11 at water rats that would be great. 

He will set up the room with 3 amps and a bass amp. 

Ibought an iPhone mic so can video some but will not have enough space for all songs. If we have other iPhones we can video the songs while we wait for the recordings. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Great no problem. See you then. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Sorry if I've missed something (bit busy at the moment so not here so often) - what time should we aim to arrive? 12? If we get there much earlier any issue?

Thanks
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    I was there for 11 last time, was going to do the same.  That was partly to meet up with Kim (the owner, we have day jobs together) but Stuart (poopot) was already there and others arrived soon after.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Great - thanks I'll do the same
    mrkb said:
    @munckee What help do you need on the day? I’m working out what time to arrive, do you need help setting up? What help do you want during the day? If you can get a running order sorted/published in advance people can come prepared for their slot in the studio, and arrange to run through in the other rooms if needed.
    Will sort out a running order and post it later.  Anyone wishing to choose their slot will get to do so if they agree to sing Shook You All Night Long : )

Song Lead Rhythm Bass  Vocals Other
    Fuengi + jr Yellow - Coldplay Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Munckee Jr
    Lovestrat74  Hey Joe - Hendrix Lovestrat74 Soma 1975 Lovestrat74jr Mark Blagdon
    Peteri You shook me all night long AC/DC Peteri McToot Flanging-Fred  
    Tone71 Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac - NOT Santana Soma1975 grappagreen Sev 112 Sev 112
    Flanging-Fred Another Girl Another Plant - The Only Ones Springhead Flanging-Fred grappagreen Flanging-Fred
    Jonathangus 29 x the pain - Wildhearts Jonathangus grappagreen Fuengi Mark Blagdon
    Sev112 All Night Long - Rainbow Peteri Sev112 grappagreen Sev 112
    grappagreen Times Like These - The Foo Fighters Grappagreen Mark Blagdon Lovestrat74jr Jonathangus
    springhead I saw her standing there - the Beatles Springhead Jonathangus Munckee Lovestrat74
    MarkBlagdon Rocks - Primal Scream Mark Blagdon McToot Sev 112 Mark Blagdon
    Munckee + jr Who Knew - Pink Munckee Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Jr
    Soma 1975 Steppin Out - John Mayall Blues Breakers Soma1975 Lovestrat74 Munckee None
    Lovestrat74 Jr Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys Munckee McToot Lovestrat74jr Munckee Lovestrat74
    2nd Hey Joe Mark Blagdon Munckee Flanging Fred
    2nd Rocks
    2nd Mardy Bum munckee
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    You got me down for rhythm on stepping out. What does that entail? Watching Clapton do his stuff?  :)
    You got me down for rhythm on stepping out. What does that entail? Watching Clapton do his stuff?  :)
    Its like a Bez type role, chief dancer may be a more appropriate title : )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1340
    Hi all,

Can anyone point me to somewhere local I can grab a coffee/brecky please. My intention is to get down pretty early and get my coffee fix. If anyone else fancies meeting up then let me know and I'll treat you to a coffee!!

Si
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1340
    @mrkb ;

Perfect - thanks..

Si
    edited April 2019
    Right have looked at the order of play and tried to break it up so no-one is on two songs in a row and people don't have all their songs first or last where possible.

Comments/complaints etc please.  We have some space at the end where we will be able to have second run through's of some of the songs.  Hey Joe, Rocks and Mardy Bum were mentioned.  @peteri and @springhead do you two want to call any second run through's as you have the least parts as it stands?  If either of you want the parts next to my name for second run through's feel free.

This is what it looks like:

Song Lead Rhythm Bass  Vocals Other
    MarkBlagdon Rocks - Primal Scream Mark Blagdon McToot Sev 112 Mark Blagdon
    Flanging-Fred Another Girl Another Plant - The Only Ones Springhead Flanging-Fred grappagreen Flanging-Fred
    Fuengi + jr Yellow - Coldplay Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Munckee Jr
    grappagreen Times Like These - The Foo Fighters Grappagreen Mark Blagdon Lovestrat74jr Jonathangus
    Soma 1975 Steppin Out - John Mayall Blues Breakers Soma1975 NONE Munckee NONE
    Sev112 All Night Long - Rainbow Peteri Sev112 grappagreen Sev 112
    Lovestrat74  Hey Joe - Hendrix Lovestrat74 Soma 1975 Lovestrat74jr Mark Blagdon
    Munckee + jr Who Knew - Pink Munckee Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Jr
    Jonathangus 29 x the pain - Wildhearts Jonathangus grappagreen Fuengi Mark Blagdon
    Lovestrat74 Jr Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys Munckee McToot Lovestrat74jr Munckee Lovestrat74
    Tone71 Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac - NOT Santana Soma1975 grappagreen Sev 112 Sev 112
    Peteri You shook me all night long AC/DC Peteri McToot Flanging-Fred
    springhead I saw her standing there - the Beatles Springhead Jonathangus Lovestrat74jr Lovestrat74
    2nd Hey Joe Mark Blagdon Munckee Flanging Fred
    2nd Rocks Flanging Fred
    2nd Mardy Bum munckee
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    I’m happy with just playing a couple of things. It’s one more than I did last time!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Looks good to me  :+1: 
     - nice work keeping my vocals till last, hopefully most would have left by then ;)

Looks good to me  :+1: 
     - nice work keeping my vocals till last, hopefully most would have left by then ;)

Its so you can stroll in put your shades on and unleash your susan boyle moment for the finale : )  You'll notice my singing (thats a strong word) debut is also a way down the list.  I'm thinking it gives us time do down some tequila or something if we need it!
    Those more intelligent than me will notice @fuengi does have two songs in a row.  I am planning to have a break for the drummer after the first 4 songs and second 4 songs so there would be a gap in between 29x the pain and Who Knew.  If you want me to rearrange let me know.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    edited April 2019
    You got me down for rhythm on stepping out. What does that entail? Watching Clapton do his stuff? 
    You wanna take a verse of sweet sweet soloing? 

I'll be making up my leads as we go along...
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    You got me down for rhythm on stepping out. What does that entail? Watching Clapton do his stuff? 
    You wanna take a verse of sweet sweet soloing? 

I'll be making up my leads as we go along...
    And me the bass : )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom