SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Orpington, Kent. Any potential jam buddies out there?

What's Hot
soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6625
edited November 2023 in Personnel
Hiya,

Blues/Rock and fuzzy grungey alt-rock guitarist wanting to have fun and make some noise. Not played out with other people in ages and would love to put that right this year.
My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    I'm in Bromley, Blues/Rock ain't my thing, but loads of others around here.
    Have a look at the ads on the wall at Ascape Studios, or put one up there, always people looking. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6625
    edited January 2019
    Nice one cheers. Will have a look next time I go to the tip :)

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    @soma1975 I could potentially be interested! 
    I am pretty close to you and am a blues/rock lover.  The only thing is I am still if a pretty beginner standard but am incredibly keen to learn, improve and play with new guitar buddies! 
    Please feel free to drop me a message if you are still searching.  Cheers 
    Hello @Blackjack ; just saw this. Will do. @noisepolluter got in touch about potentially meeting up too so maybe we could have a bit of a get together once I get this week and the fretboard meetup out of the way?

• Hi guys,

sorry @soma1975  I’ve been really disorganised about this but I’m definitely still up for getting together, the more the merrier. 
    Oh I've been up to my eyeballs but let's revisit the idea later in the month. 

• BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    Sounds good to me! 
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 231
    There's a new jam at the Crooked Billet in Penge... https://www.facebook.com/crookedbilletjam/
    Cool, that's only 20mins away. 

• Hi all. I'd be interested in any local jam sessions. I'm up towards Catford. Never played with others before but looking to rectify that. Lead isn't ready to unleash in public yet but happy to come and play rhythm!
    edited September 2019
    Ace. I grew up in Catford. I'm away for a week and a bit but I have a bunch of new toys I'd like to turn up loud so would be nice to do something soonish. 

Anyone know of any decent rehearsal places still open in SE London aside from the one in Croydon and the ones in new Cross?

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited September 2019
    Ascape in Bromley is fit for purpose. If that's not too far.

Ascape has closed :(

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    soma1975 said:
    Ascape has closed :(
    Ah no!!!! I hadn't been there since early this year- that's a real shame as it was a decent space.

I've lived here 3 years and kept meaning to go before finding out recently :(

Bumping this ancient thread because I enjoyed hanging out with the chaps at the recent High Wycombe event and the brief moment when more than one of us played the same thing at the same time I really enjoyed myself. 

Would really love to get together with peeps more often for a bit of a jam. 

These days I am mostly listening to the same old early 90s alt-rock plus the likes of Earthless, Naxatras, All Them Witches, King Buffalo, but also happy to play things that only have a bit of fuzz as opposed to a lot of fuzz. 

• joeWjoeW Frets: 458
    Am near Locks Bottom so near Orpington.  More of a crap Jazzer but if there was a get together nearby I’d be there. 
    Oh cool. Trust me nobody wants to hear me attempt to butcher jazz, but maybe could organise a little gearfest playabout if there's a few of us. 

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 590
    In the late 60s and 70s there used to be loads of great musicians around the Orpington area.
    There used to be an excellent Chinese restaurant opposite the big roundabout .
    My late Uncle a brilliant drummer used to cut the grass and dig graves at Orpington churchyard .
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1364
    Used to be a great open mic in a wee pub behind waitrose in Bromley