SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Patrick James Eggle Linville Cutaway Custom Built in Madagascar Rosewood SOLD

What's Hot
SammySammy Frets: 129
edited July 2019 in Acoustics £
This is a really beautiful custom built cutaway Linville model in April 2010 in superb condition, with fitted Hiscox case.
It has Madagascar Rosewood back & sides, Ebony fretboard, Sitka Spruce top,Gotch PJE Gold Tuners, Leave inlays on fretboard,
Myrtlewood Body Binding, Aspen Purfling with a 1mm lower bridge.
It was also fitted with an inbuilt pickup, can't remember which make, but think it is an early LRBaggs, with just the one one wheel volume control fitted discreetly round the rosette, but sounds really good, whichever make it is!
The guitar is absolutely stunning to look at and plays like a dream, with a lovely action and beautiful tone.
Anyone who has ever tried or played a PJE acoustic, made by the man himself, will know the build quality of his guitars and he had great reviews in various magazines. Unfortunately he no longer makes acoustics, presumably due to cost and time and now only produces electrics which are also high end guitars but obviously quicker and easier to build!
As anyone who know about woods, Madagascar Rosewood is now thought to be as good as Brazilian Rosewood, if not better as its not so subseptible to cracking, and is becoming very hard to get hold of.
Myself, I have never seen another PJE built in this wood and you will probably be hard to find another guitar that looks as stunning as the Madagascar wood Patrick managed to source on this particular guitar.
Though I am mainly am electric player, I have had quite a few high end acoustics over the many years such as Martins, Collins Sergi de jonge etc and IMO this is probably the best acoustic I have owned.
I am looking for around £2,600 which I believe is a very fair price for a quality built, rare and stunning guitar which I don't think anyone who comes and tries and views will be disappointed. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    Can someone help please, have just registered with imgur as suggested on this site, uploaded my images onto their site but just cannot seem to be able to download any photos onto here! Thanks
    edited March 2019
    Roland said:
    Thanks Roland, realised it doesn't work from ticking the small icons and then copying the link, you have to open each photo fully before the link works.
    Am willing to accept a reasonable offer as have decided, being more of an electric player, I would now prefer an acoustic without a cutaway, for a change.
    Have been trying out various guitars over the last few months and have found a particular guitar I am very interested in, which is a Martin 00028 Reimangined, so may be interested in a deal with someone who has one and is looking for a change, though it would have to be as good as the new one I have currently tried!  ;)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    sweet looking guitar
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 131
    I totally agree, PJE's acoustics are better than virtually any other acoustic I have ever played.  I have a 12-fret D and it sounds and feels sooooo nice.  And.......they're made over here not over there!!!
    axisus said:
    sweet looking guitar
    Thanks, Looks a lot better live than from my photos! :)

edited April 2019
    surfguy13 said:
    I totally agree, PJE's acoustics are better than virtually any other acoustic I have ever played.  I have a 12-fret D and it sounds and feels sooooo nice.  And.......they're made over here not over there!!!
    You are right, its the easiest playing acoustic I have ever had and the woods, even just to look at, are superb. I know I will probably regret selling it afterwards but, like many of us on here, we sometimes want a change and I really now would like an acoustic without a cutaway.    Just had a quick look on his site and Patricks new electric solid bodies start from £2,800 for just a basic guitar, so can't imagine how much he would charge for an acoustic, if he did still build them and the price mine would now cost  using the same woods etc, which was £3,800 in 2010!   
    Had to buy the Martin I originally tried as didn't want to lose it, as have since tried several others and they just didn't sound the same! :#
    So would now consider offers over £2,000 for a quick sale which, when you see the guitar, is a real steal B)  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Have had offers of p/ex plus cash, sorry cash only as have already purchased another guitar, as above!

• TedTed Frets: 126
    I tried this and I think  it is indeed a fine instrument and very comfortable to play. Did'nt buy it in the end because it was a bit too  ornate for me,  but highly desirable nevertheless.
    edited April 2019
    Here's a link to a very similar one to mine but in Brazilian Rosewood, but doesn't have some of the extra's as mine i.e Leave inlays etc

Apologies video link didn't work just redid it, now okay :)
    edited May 2019
    Guitar is still for sale as buyer has been messing me about!   Will now accept £2,000 for cash sale only, no p/exs, which is an absolute bargain for this, please no offers thats it, as its worth much more! Only willing to sell for this amount as my Partner needs a new boiler, as its totally kaput, and she currently hasn't got enough money for a new one!  o
    Also sounds really good plugged in as an electro acoustic and thats just using my small Fishman Loud box Mini! B)
    Please note, no point in trying to get it for a bit less as I won't go below £2,000 for cash!  I have already had two offers of £2,000 & £2,100 previously when first advertised which I turned down then and am only willing to let it go now for that price due to, as per above, my partners bolier issue. You only have to see and try the guitar, no obligation, but you will see that it well justifies a higher price than I am asking for it. I am positive you won't be disappointed.  

• swampyswampy Frets: 33
    If this is as good as a Serge de Jonge , I may be interested!!
    Both different guitars and are excellent in their own right. Having owned both, IMO they are both as good as one another, if you gave me both and I had to choose one, it would be a hard decision. Though I would say honestly they both sound better with 12's on, as I have to change to 11's on an acoustic as mainly an electric player with 009's!  :) 
    Fathers day treat! ;)