fingerpicks recommendations?

I don't use them, but have tried several over the years (I do use thumbpicks). I dont get along with Alaska ones.

I'd like to try out some more again. Recommendations anyone?

There are a few types now that look strange and unfamiliar like these

I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    That photo was taken before the finger tips turned blue ;)

I play finger-style guitar far more than with a plectrum but have never really liked using finger picks. The only ones I have found that are remotely acceptable are the ProPik Finger-Tone type which are a reasonable compromise if you have vulnerable nails.

• Ok, right. Thanks for the link.

The link shows just one image. The options are Large/Medium, and then something confusing: 'Single or Split'. Hopefully you may be able to explain what they mean?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    The single and split refer to the part that wraps around your finger. The one in the photo is the split type, i.e. there are two narrow strips each side that wrap round your finger. The single type just has one wider wrap each side like the more common type of metal finger picks. I personally prefer the ‘split’ type but I was used to using split wrap ProPik finger picks in my dobro playing days.

Sizewise the ProPiks I have are all medium so unless you have particularly large hands or plump fingers medium should be fine.

The advantage of ProPik Finger-Tones is that you can still feel the strings with the flesh of your finger tips because the hoop is positioned where finger nails would be. You do need to keep the nails on your picking fingers quite short for these to fit properly.
  • ok thanks for clearing that up. I have average sized hands. I'll give them a try.

Much appreciated  :)