SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Hiwatt 4 x 12 cab Celestion Sidewinder£300

oktorocktooktorockto Frets: 86
edited March 2020 in Amps £

I am finally selling my 4 x 12 as I am too old to lift them! (actually I am 45 but I can see if I continue to lift these they will make me old) I am in Kent but may be able to deliver or meet halfway on arrangement/negotiation.

This is a Sterling era cab from Sacramento CA with black cloth - date probably somewhere between 85-87. I always wondered about the serial plate on the back as it has permanent marker for the info on it but I have seen another one sold on Reverb with same marker so it must have been their way of working back then-https://reverb.com/item/2003868-hiwatt-vintage-4x12-ls412-guitar-cabinet the Reverb cab is only 14 serial numbers away from mine! Sterling also made a rare angled Hiwatt cab.

There are some of these cabs on the Hiwatt registry here:

https://hiwatt.org/RegCabs.php 

It is front loaded and the drivers are 16ohm T3866 cloth edged 150w Sidewinders wired for a total impedance of 16 ohm for a 600w cab. They have a sensitivity of 102dB 1w/1m 123 SPL at rated power.

I have had this for nearly 20 years and bought it, and another off of the singer in a band I used to be in. He was signed to Billy Gaff's management company (Rod Stewart and also the Faces old manager) not that I'm trying to imbue it with some provenance from that, just background. He had the cabinets from new, they played the Reading festival and stuff back in the 80's. A lot of bass players like the 150W sidewinder, it has a flat-wound 2" voice coil - they go down to 60Hz so good for de-tuned stuff too. I sold one of these cabs to a guy in Scandinavia about ten years ago and then I joined a tribute band again last year so I bought a crappy one which I mocked up to look like a Hiwatt cab and a good one which I'll describe in the next paragraph. This Sterling one hasn't been on the road for a good while. I left the band and having sold the crappy one I don't really need 2 x Hiwatt cabs. Having heard @CustomPedalBoards 2x12 EV loaded cab on Thatpedalshow I'm fancying one of those but even then I think I'll be looking for a 1 x 12!

It is a solid Birch cabinet very well constructed, not perfect Tolex but also something you could use without looking terrible but without sweating every time someone walks near it in case they mark it. This thing is so solid you could live in it if you were small enough. I want £300 for the cab as a whole. I would be willing to sell the cab separately from the Celestions for £150

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments