Acoustic Guitar - Reasonably Priced Query...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    edited April 2019
    Ibanez do a cool little distressed parlour with a slim V neck I think. AVN 9 or AVN 11
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1385
    Andy79 said:
    A beauty, but might be a bit out of my price range for now...
    Seagull S6 b stock on the way..... :)
    Picked up a Seagull S6 standard , b stock off Thomann. Straight out of the box, it plays and sounds pretty good. I´m very impressed with the quality of this guitar for the money.
  • And due to a trade im moving on the Seagull along with another guitar to get a bass.
    I might buy another Seagull S6 in the new year but this time maybe the slim neck version. That or a Big Baby Taylor.
  • zollybosherzollybosher Frets: 0
    edited January 2020
    Just my opinion 

But if ou look at on line reviews the Baby Taylor hits the spot. 

I popped into a well know Music retailer today and tried a number of guitars from Fender to Yamaha and the Baby Taylor, which was a strong well balanced and beautifully toned guitar

personally I  ended up with a Tanglewood Java and was pleasantly surprised that they had just knocked £100 off . This guitar will keep me going for a couple of years before I invest in a more serious bit of kit 

• Yeah, I have played the Big Baby Taylor several times and was always impressed with it. I also played the Tanglwood TW133 and was impressed with it too. These days, I'm not much of an acoustic player, so something cheap and semi decent will do me. I don't need a fancy Martin or Gibson lying around the house!
  • shufflebeatshufflebeat Frets: 104
    edited January 2020
    I've recently been on a mission for an electro dread but I came very close to buying a Tak ef407 parlour. It's the nicest guitar I've played in many years. Still ended up with something else but I would strongly recommend you try one if the parlour thing has taken your fancy.

It might be at the high end of things but looking is free (not).

As part of my search I kissed lots of frogs, some of them ok but no Prince Charming:

cheaper Martin - nice, no character
    Faith nexus - flashy but cold
    Taylor - similar to Faith
    Sigma - build was careless but I'm told they are inconsistent and this was a bad one
    Yamaha - one of the few brands of anything that I have some trust in, disappointed.
  • Fuengi said:
    Try the PRS Angelus range. I recently picked one up, it was - in my view - the best sounding electro acoustic in its price range. 
    I'm going to get a non cutaway if I change at all
    PRS also has non-cutaway models in that range now. The Yamahas are great. I had an Alvarez AP66 which was great, too. In fact, I may purchase another one soon. Taylor GS Minis are fun, too.