NGD: Eastman E1 OM ltd

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
edited April 2019 in Acoustics
Despite the fact that I’m trying to pay debts off, I had a a typical wobble (we are all guitar addicts here) at the weekend. Noticed this limited run of Eastman OM’s on GAK with interest free finance and no deposit , well I couldn’t help myself (I’m paying off the bigger debts I told myself, I can stretch to twenty quid a month, it’s a few beers). Possibly the best £499 I’ve ever not yet spent on a guitar.

Got home to the delivery today; my this is good, very good. Super light weight. Very balanced tone. Decent depth neck. Gorgeous wood (all solid of course) and great finishing! And a small touch that I love about Eastman and always winds me up with some other companies -they include the required truss rod tool with the case candy.

Need to sell something to fund a decent pickup, but very pleased to have taken an unseen gamble on this. 

Photos aren’t great with the evening lighting but you get the idea. Also apologies for the link, can’t embed photos on an iPhone. 

https://flickr.com/photos/157224850@N02/sets/72157680052464898
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    Bargain for an Eastman! Nice looker too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    Bargain for an Eastman! Nice looker too
    Absolutely on both counts.

They are a great company, it’s the third Eastman I’ve owned and I am yet to be disappointed by them, fantastic guitars.
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 776
    Love the dark wood top. I played one of their OMs when I was looking about 2 yrs ago, it had a lovely tone.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1385
    I am tempted to go for one of these....
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    I think you should :)
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    A belated HNGD for yesterday! Looks lovely, really like that dark finish.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1385
    kreggs said:
    I think you should :)
    I'm twiddling my thumbs in the reasonably priced acoustic thread....
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I don't think you can go wrong with an Eastman, fantastic value for money and great guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    That looks lovely for any price, let alone £499.  Look at the cheapest Eastman - £265 for a choice of OM or D body shapes, solid spruce top, nitro finish, rosewood board, bone nut and saddle, £265?!?!?!  Wow.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    Cheers guys.

The tops almost like an antique autumn burst (for want of a better term) in sunlight, some of the grain on it is stunning.

Just spent the last half hour on it. It’s a great finger picker. Bit boxy with a pick but I always figure that’s what my dred is for. Very balanced tone though for an acoustic that is yet to be broken in, definitely bodes well. For the price I think anyone would be hard pressed to beat one of these, plays as well if not better than guitars twice the price.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    Cheers guys.

The tops almost like an antique autumn burst (for want of a better term) in sunlight, some of the grain on it is stunning.

Just spent the last half hour on it. It’s a great finger picker. Bit boxy with a pick but I always figure that’s what my dred is for. Very balanced tone though for an acoustic that is yet to be broken in, definitely bodes well. For the price I think anyone would be hard pressed to beat one of these, plays as well if not better than guitars twice the price.
    My Eastman sounded 'a bit tight' for a while but when it had been played in a bit it sounded a lot more rounded if that makes sense.  

Congrats on the NGD though! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom