Can you identify this acoustic guitar?

timmyptimmyp Frets: 0
edited May 2019 in Acoustics
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18385
    Is the neck attached to the body with two large bolts?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    It looks like a Fratelli Fuselli guitar, who made E-Ros and were associated with Eko. It's different in several ways but there's enough in common that I'm sure it came from the same factory.

https://www.fetishguitars.com/le-marche-brands/e-ros/

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• timmyptimmyp Frets: 0
    Just uploaded a pic
    ^ That's why I was asking about the neck attachment method. I had an almost identical guitar that I bought new in the mid 70's from a now defunct department store in Sunderland.
    The painted rosette & screwed on scratchplate were 'distinctive'. :o
    It had no other visible makers marks., but I remember the 2 bolt neck & the 3 on a line open tuners.
    Sounds like an absolute nightmare, but it had a big pleasing tone when strummed.
    Gave it away to a young starter decades ago, hope it's still going  :3

timmyp said:
    Just uploaded a pic
    Oh yes. Exactly like that  :) 
    I really wish that I could tell you that it was a rare & valuable item, but I'm afraid I doubt it.
    I suspect it might have been an east european copy of a fairly cheap Italian guitar.
    However, I (and others) thoroughly enjoyed mine & it was bloody great for open tuning/ slide style.
    Enjoy it for what it is, not for what people might tell you is wrong with it  ;)

I still have my Eko 12 & it is a thing of lovely sound, more than the sum of it's parts & better than it should be.
    timmyp said:
    Just uploaded a pic
    Oh yes. Exactly like that  :) 
    I really wish that I could tell you that it was a rare & valuable item, but I'm afraid I doubt it.
    I suspect it might have been an east european copy of a fairly cheap Italian guitar.
    However, I (and others) thoroughly enjoyed mine & it was bloody great for open tuning/ slide style.
    Enjoy it for what it is, not for what people might tell you is wrong with it  ;)

I still have my Eko 12 & it is a thing of lovely sound, more than the sum of it's parts & better than it should be.
    I suspected as much to be honest. Seems very well built though.

Still quite intrigued by the "33" carved in the top though
    Well built is definitely the case. Mine was all laminate ( nothing wrong with that) & built like a proverbial brick outhouse.
    The 33 stamp is something I'm afraid I don't recall. After all, it was the 70's & I was there... 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    ICBM said:
    It looks like a Fratelli Fuselli guitar, who made E-Ros and were associated with Eko. It's different in several ways but there's enough in common that I'm sure it came from the same factory.

I concur.  That scratchplate screams Eko
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    ICBM said:

I concur.  That scratchplate screams Eko
    Yep, similar scratchplate shape.

Screwed on, not glued.
    No truss rod cover at headstock (indeed it may not even have a truss rod at all), different bridge (non adjustable saddle, different style, different fixings) two bolt neck (not four with plate), different rosette style, open book style headstock, different inlays ( the ones on this guitar look to be home made later additions), no headstock badge, no internal label.

But, sometimes all we have are guesses?

If it's liked, then that's all that really matters  :)