Behringer XR 12/A Air questions

AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1666
Our guitar duo has just got an XR 12, partly as it's small and easy to transport, and partly so the mix can be adjusted remotely from the mixer (that usually sits next to the band and not out front).  My first impression is very positive. But I'm confused about how to invoke effects.

I think there are two ways to do this. Either from the main mix windows: select a channel, then set the sends for each effects. Or select each effect in turn and set the level for each channel. Are these two options the same?

Using the first method there are options for IN, PreEQ, PostEQ, Pre and Post. What do these different options do?

Are there good default EQ values for vocals and clean guitar sounds?

Is the MONITOR options in Audio/MIDI actually the headphones output? If not, what is it, and how do I adjust the headphones output?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sw67sw67 Frets: 228
    We select a channel then set the sends for each effect. We have vocals on ch 1/2 , Guitar on 3/4 and mandolin on 5. Pm me your email and I can send you our saved settings to load in. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    @AustrianJohn ; asked "Using the first method there are options for IN, PreEQ, PostEQ, Pre and Post. What do these different options do?"

Pre Eq means the send is before and channel tone shaping, post is with your selected tone shaping. So for FX you typically want post.
    The next Pre and Post refer to where the signal 'level' is taken to feed the FX, this refers to the pre or post the channel fader. Again for FX that needs to be post so that if you increas or decrease the chanel volume the FX stays proportional.
    If you were doing a monitor send instead you would take the level Pre fader, so that changes in the front of house mix do not alter your monitor mix in ear or in the wedge on stage.

• AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1666
    @sw67 @ESBlonde Thanks