Best book/video for 12 string playing?

TedTed Frets: 126
I wondered if anyone could suggest what a good book or video for learning the special challenges of a twelve string. There are about 4 books on Amazon UK but it is not immediately apparent what the best one is. I would classify myself as an 'advanced beginner' on the 6 string, but want to graduate to twelve string playing, hopefully not prematurely.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Not sure there is a specific book for 12 string acoustic. You may be probably better learning famous 12 string tunes. Here Comes The Sun etc.
    If you want something more advanced then Leo Kottke is probably the most famous fingerstyle exponent. Check out Andrew Lardner's youtube channel. He does stuff by Kottke and Fahey on 12 string.

Also, Toby Hay is a predominately 12 string player.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Roger McGuinn did an instructional video. I do not know whether it is still available.

Be seeing you.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
     I'm not aware of any of the books, but, Pink Floyds "Wish You Were Here" and the Eagles "Hotel California" both have great intros that demonstrate some of the best uses for a 12 string in my opinion.     

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• A 12 string isn't very different from a "normal" acoustic, bending is a challenge (but I don't do big bends anyway). Other than that it's a matter of getting used to the string spacing & extra tension, plus the extra awesome sounds they make! 
    Here's John Butler playing percussive slide on an 11 string (no high G) acoustic. 

This guy isn't bad either...

If I remember correctly SRV plays a 12 on his unplugged session.