Anyone into swinging ?

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
I love doing it as much as I did as a child, but these days I always worry the ropes won’t take my weight.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5834
    Which one are you sat on? You look pretty light to me :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    I still love jumping on the swings down the park when with the kids..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    I get severe motion sickness from them now.

What's odd is that as a child, I could do all this sort of thing and even the most wild fairground rides with no problem, but was terribly car-sick. Now I've grown up, I'm not car-sick at all, but I can't go on a child's playpark, much less a fairground ride, without being really ill.

A few summers ago I was a helper on a school outing to a large well-known theme park and I decided to have a go with the kids I was supervising on the flying chairs thing. After only about thirty seconds I had to shut my eyes and it then became a sheer test of will to get through the other two and a half minutes without throwing up... when I got off, I had to lie down on the ground for about forty minutes before I was even in a fit state to walk - I just had to tell the kids to go with one of the other helpers. It was literally several days before I felt right again - like a really nasty hangover.

I have no idea why, but that's something I'll never try again...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
    I made the grave error of going in one of those spinning barrels that pin you to the wall with centrifugal force, and the floor goes away leaving you suspended against the wall, oh my god i felt sick as a dog and had to sit down feeling rough as hell for ages, horrible experience. like @ICBM said it was like waking up from a 10 beer session. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    Since having children I find my hips are too wide to fit comfortably into most swings at playgrounds.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11789
    Emp_Fab said:
    I love doing it as much as I did as a child, but these days I always worry the ropes won’t take my weight.

would your backside fit in one of those?
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11789
    ICBM said:
    I get severe motion sickness from them now.

What's odd is that as a child, I could do all this sort of thing and even the most wild fairground rides with no problem, but was terribly car-sick. Now I've grown up, I'm not car-sick at all, but I can't go on a child's playpark, much less a fairground ride, without being really ill.

A few summers ago I was a helper on a school outing to a large well-known theme park and I decided to have a go with the kids I was supervising on the flying chairs thing. After only about thirty seconds I had to shut my eyes and it then became a sheer test of will to get through the other two and a half minutes without throwing up... when I got off, I had to lie down on the ground for about forty minutes before I was even in a fit state to walk - I just had to tell the kids to go with one of the other helpers. It was literally several days before I felt right again - like a really nasty hangover.

I have no idea why, but that's something I'll never try again...
    I got a normal kids' roundabout at the park when my kids were little. 
    It was quite a shock
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    I went on this thing - The Star Flyer - in Copenhagen. It's in the Tivoli gardens so they deliberately made it look old and rusty. It's 80m tall and when I went up it,  in winter, it was full on wind and hail stones.

Theme Park Review  Photo TRAlton Denmark a bit of

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Swinging has never been the same since the introduction of these new fangled keyless car cards, it's too easy to pick John from no.12's hot wife, Sylvia.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671
    Swinging has never been the same since the introduction of these new fangled keyless car cards, it's too easy to pick John from no.12's hot wife, Sylvia.
    You know she used to be a bricklayer called Stan, I assume ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    I prefer it to bebop, 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

My parents had some in the back garden - wtf did that mean??
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    dunno, but  my elderly methodist clients have a huge one in the garden, and they make me trim it each year!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    VimFuego said:
    dunno, but  my elderly methodist clients have a huge one in the garden, and they make me trim it each year!!!
    Bloody sharp stuff if you don’t handle it right tho