2019 (Bristol) South West Jam Song List Discussion

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    spark240 said:
    Is that also the official running order?
    No. It is strictly (and self-evidently) alphabetical.

spark240 said:
    assume we play through the set list ...then start again in same order with changes of players to suit?
    I labour under the impression that multiple renditions of individual songs will be successive.

Even when there are enough volunteers for more than one performance of a given song, there is still likely to be some overlap of who plays on them. A paying attendee, pencilled in to tackle the solo on a particular song, has every right to expect a proficient backing band line-up. That will usually mean Conor on drums and a bassist who knows the song properly rather than is "having a go".

Ha ! isnt it strange how sometimes the obvious...well...isnt ;-)

Regarding order...for what its worth,  previous Jam day strategies of playing through all songs then repeating the set list  has worked well.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    "The public gets what the public wants."
    Be seeing you.
    "The public gets what the public wants."
    Well...I want nothing this societys got?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Questions for those with their names down for Comfortably Numb and Pump It Up:

Comfy - we have two rhythm guitarists, could one be moved to Line Up #2?

PIU - is this viable with a single guitarist (if so we can add it to the confirmed tracklist)?
    Just nominated myself for comfy lead in lineup 2

I could do rhythm on that run through, but cant do it while playing the drums...
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mart said:
    Where are we with Fire? I had the impression that @FastEddie had volunteered to do some guitar on that ...
    Last time I visited the event Discussion, FastEddie had withdrawn from the Attendee list and, hence, was removed from the song list as a participant. 
    Well it was my song choice, I was choosing a song that Eddie suggested he could play to help him feel comfortable getting up and playing. Im happy to still play and sing it if someone else will step up to do a bit of backing rhythm, its only D and C with the odd A and E thrown in. I can send chord chart and tab if anyones interested.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Just been reading this about Paul Kossoff

https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-short-life-and-tragic-death-of-paul-kossoff

Poor guy, sounds like quite a struggle he had 

From what I gather he was all about careful phrasing and impeccable vibrato
    Back on topic, in the event Discussion, fandango has announced that Alnico’s music workshops will not be part of the Western Jam event. 

This decision ought to make it simpler to schedule the Song List running order.

It had been suggested that the event should kick off with some of the less challenging songs. Unfortunately, so far, there is no agreement on which songs actually are easier to play.

It has also been suggested that there could be an acoustic interlude. A few song titles were mentioned earlier in this Discussion but very little comment has been posted about this idea - neither for nor against.

Be seeing you.
    I wouldn’t want to do any acoustic songs, but as long as there’s other rooms available to jam in and time for others to play the acoustics songs in the main room, then I’ve no objection.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    TBH, there was only one person pushing strongly for an acoustic interlude. That same person has also been trying to organise an acoustic get together nearer to his home town. I have no idea how much of a positive response he has received. Good luck to him, I say.
    Be seeing you.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I feel like I'm bringing enough stuff without adding an acoustic! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    I am trying to restrict myself to one bass guitar and one electric guitar. I might bring a lined fretless bass for others to noodle on.
    Be seeing you.
    TBH, there was only one person pushing strongly for an acoustic interlude. That same person has also been trying to organise an acoustic get together nearer to his home town. I have no idea how much of a positive response he has received. Good luck to him, I say.
    Your welcome to name names ;-)...zero response is the answer.

However...undeterred Im still bringing an acoustic for Comfortably numb ;-) 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Not a problem. You have to ask to have any chance of getting. There is no accounting for what gear attendees have got, let alone what they are willing to bring to the event.
    Be seeing you.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Just want to suggest (strongly) that tabs and chord sheets of the song list will be most welcome. Likewise for any additional songs being suggested for the other rooms.

nudge nudge

As announced by @fandango in the event organisation Discussion, clarkefan is unable to attend on June 8th.

This leaves vacancies in the song list to take over the performance roles formerly allocated to clarkefan. Get volunteering, folks. 
    Be seeing you.
    I nodded off during my practice tonight.

Thanks for that @Funkfingers ! I think you know which song has me borderline narcoleptic on bass! Twat! ;) 

Personal abuse? Gee, thanks.
    Be seeing you.
  • fandango said:
    Just want to suggest (strongly) that tabs and chord sheets of the song list will be most welcome. Likewise for any additional songs being suggested for the other rooms.

nudge nudge

To bring on the day or share before? 
    Personal abuse? Gee, thanks.
    There was a wink, so it doesn't count. Right? :/ 

Actually I'm quite glad you picked comfy...it's one of those jam tracks that comes up all the time and people just expect you to know it. So I'm grateful really 

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    fandango said:

nudge nudge

To bring on the day or share before? 
    Unless, someone has a burning need, I think on the day should be fine. Would be worthwhile bringing multiple copies, if your printer handle it. Otherwise email to me at the address fir payment and I’ll waste some ink on your behalf .