Want to learn to wind pickups with Oil City?

What's Hot

Comments

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    Excellent idea. I'm definitely on for that. I think some form of questionnaire beforehand would help you prepare and perhaps temper peoples ideas into what's achievable on the day. Exciting!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Sounds like a great idea.  If it did include having the pickups installed, that would nicely round it off as a complete package/project.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9986
    tFB Trader
    bodhi said:
    Sounds like a great idea.  If it did include having the pickups installed, that would nicely round it off as a complete package/project.
    As I said ... installation would probably have to be an extra charge, as sub 200 is cheap for pickups and tuition :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I could be up for this. When do you think you’ll start ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    Cracking idea 
    will see what dates I have free when back
  • GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    tFB Trader
    Awesome idea!
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.
    tFB Trader
    We are working away at the moment to put together a questionnaire and sign up form for the 'winding days'. It's important we don't allow people to 'bite off more than they can chew' in a day of learning and building ... and we balance that with the widest choice of pickup types we can on offer. I taught at a local college before starting Oil City Pickups, so I have a pretty good grasp of how to plan work, impart knowledge ... and how to keep adult learners in order :-) 

I'm looking at the last couple of weekends in July to get the ball rolling, and depending how much work we have there may be a few weekday slots available in addition ... though this will be at fairly short notice. 

Hopefully I should be able to have signup forms available in the next couple of weeks.  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14035
    tFB Trader
    What a brilliant idea Ash  - It would be worth a day to come and chat, then find out more about what goes on behind the build as such - Which variables offers subtle but effective variations - ie update my own knowledge as such
    tFB Trader
    What a brilliant idea Ash  - It would be worth a day to come and chat, then find out more about what goes on behind the build as such - Which variables offers subtle but effective variations - ie update my own knowledge as such
    Would be more than happy to have you over. PM me :-)

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926
    Splendid  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    OilCityPickups said:
     I taught at a local college before starting Oil City Pickups, so I have a pretty good grasp of how to plan work, impart knowledge ... and how to keep adult learners in order :-) 
    What did you teach?  

Sounds like a great idea btw.  I'm a Londoner too and would be well interested in doing such a course.  
    tFB Trader
    OilCityPickups said:
     I taught at a local college before starting Oil City Pickups, so I have a pretty good grasp of how to plan work, impart knowledge ... and how to keep adult learners in order :-) 
    What did you teach?  

Sounds like a great idea btw.  I'm a Londoner too and would be well interested in doing such a course.  
    Music and Photography :-)

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Yep, super good idea.  I commute to Stratford every day... sounds like a winner.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    tFB Trader
    MrBump said:
    Yep, super good idea.  I commute to Stratford every day... sounds like a winner.
    One more stop and a five minute walk and we can put the coffee on for you :-)

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Locations a little impractical (for me) at the moment, but i love the idea. Would definitely be up for it down the line when time and planning allow. Will be watching closely, all the best! :)
    tFB Trader
    LuttiS said:
    Locations a little impractical (for me) at the moment, but i love the idea. Would definitely be up for it down the line when time and planning allow. Will be watching closely, all the best! :)
    We floated the idea of doing some sort of roadshow with this at some stage, but the logistics might put that out of reach.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    MrBump said:
    So, 4 stops out of Liverpool Street - I can get there, wind a set of pickups, and get back to the City in my lunch break ...

:+1: 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    LuttiS said:
    Locations a little impractical (for me) at the moment, but i love the idea. Would definitely be up for it down the line when time and planning allow. Will be watching closely, all the best!
    We floated the idea of doing some sort of roadshow with this at some stage, but the logistics might put that out of reach.
    TTony said:
    MrBump said:
    So, 4 stops out of Liverpool Street - I can get there, wind a set of pickups, and get back to the City in my lunch break ...

:+1: 
    If you can work that fast I'll offer you a job!

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    LuttiS said:
    Well hopefully it will all go well for you and down the line time will let me arrange getting down there :)